Nutrition has profound effects on both human health and athletic performance. So we have based this course on the latest scientific research and contemporary practice. Our staff come from a wide range of sporting and nutrition backgrounds.
They conduct first-class research and bring it to the classroom and some are actively involved in coaching. To provide you with subject specialist knowledge we also invite guest speakers from:
- other universities
- research organisations.
The research groups and consultancies have strong links with Oxfordshire hospitals, elite athletes and food organisations.
The Applied Sport and Exercise Nutrition programme at the Oxford Brookes University gives you opportunities to conduct internal and external research projects. As well as develop potential career opportunities.
Many sports are becoming increasingly professional in their approach to training and nutrition. For example, many sports clubs now employ full-time nutrition consultants. Career prospects outside sport are also exciting.
The NHS offers an increasing number of opportunities for students with specialist training in exercise nutrition to support GP referral schemes and other healthy living programmes.
The growing awareness of health within society, coupled with misconceptions of the relationship between physical activity, nutrition and health has led to an increasing demand for graduates who can deliver evidence-based solutions and advice at all levels.
Accredited by the Sport and Exercise Nutrition Register.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Human Nutrition
- Exercise Physiology
- Sport and Exercise Nutrition in Practice
- Research Methods
- Nutrition, Physical Activity and Health
- Applied Practice in Sport, Exercise and Nutrition
- Laboratory Techniques in Sport and Exercise Nutrition
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesNutrition & Dietetics Sports Sciences View 88 other Masters in Nutrition & Dietetics in United Kingdom
- To successfully complete this postgraduate course, you are usually expected to have (or be about to attain) at least a first or upper second class honours degree in a related scientific subject from a recognised institution of higher education.
- Applicants with a lower second class award may be accepted if they can provide a transcript to show that they performed near to the upper second class level.
- If you do not have these academic qualifications, you could still be offered a place on this course if you can show evidence of the potential to succeed based on professional and/or related experiences.
International15400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15400 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA7500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7500 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.