Poor nutrition is causing increasing public health problems in all sectors and ages. This is especially clear among the young and the elderly. On the Applied Human Nutrition programme at the Oxford Brookes University you will examine:
- the specific problems of global nutrition and the implications for public health
- the provision of food and nutrients to the body, facilitating optimum physical and mental development and health maintenance.
As part of your research project you will have opportunities to work with the Oxford Centre for Nutrition and Health. You can get involved with cutting edge research that helps the government and food industry develop new products with specific health and nutritional benefits.
Graduates pursue a range of nutrition-related careers, particularly in:
- health promotion as food and health co-ordinators
- industry with food and drink manufacturers and retailers
- medical food companies
- food service providers
- trade associations
- government and policy to improve the health of the population
- research in universities, food companies or research institutes
Accredited by the Association for Nutrition (AfN).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Human Nutrition
- Food Science
- Research Methods
- Nutrition, Physical Activity and Health
- Global Nutrition and Public Health
- Health Promotion and Professional Practice
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesNutrition & Dietetics View 89 other Masters in Nutrition & Dietetics in United Kingdom
- In order to successfully complete a postgraduate course, applicants are usually expected to have (or be about to attain) at least a second class honours degree in a related scientific subject from a recognised institution of higher education.
- If you do not have these academic qualifications, you could still be offered a place on this course if you can show evidence of the potential to succeed based on professional and/or related experiences.
International15400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15400 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA7500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7500 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.