The Electrical Engineering program of Drexel University readies you to make an impact in your workplace. You’ll study to become a leader in robotics, computing, wireless communications, and beyond. Electrical engineers have gone on to have careers at companies such as IBM, Facebook, Schlumberger, Oracle, Lockheed Martin, Intel, Dell, Intuit, HP, and Cyberonics 2.
What does an Electrical Engineer do?
The world runs on electricity and technology – it’s integrated into everything we do, from maintaining transportation grids to improving the microchip technology in our phones. Electrical engineers use their systems mindset to design, develop, test, and supervise manufacturing of electric cars, smart phones, GPS technology, and anything that uses magnetism and electricity.
What can I do with a Master's in Electrical Engineering?
With a master’s degree in electrical engineering, you might pursue a career in a wide range of sectors including aerospace, automotive, energy, IT, or telecommunications.
There are several reasons for this. Technology is advancing at the speed of light, creating a need for more complex consumer electronics. This growth fuels the need for qualified electrical and electronics engineers in research and development. Here, the task of future electrical engineers will be to design distribution systems related to new technologies such as power grid infrastructure, solar arrays, semiconductors, automation, and communications.
Electrical engineers work in commercial, industrial, military, and scientific sectors. In these settings, they hold many job titles related to their function:
- Circuits Engineer
- Design Engineer
- Electrical Controls Engineer
- Electrical Design Engineer
- Electrical Project Engineer
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- A total of at least 30 credit hours must be taken from among the graduate course offerings of the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering. These credits must be taken at Drexel University. No transfer credit may be used to fulfill these requirements, regardless of content equivalency.
- The remaining courses needed to reach the minimum credit hour requirement for the degree program are considered elective courses. Elective courses can be chosen from among the graduate course offerings of the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering; other departments within the College of Engineering; the School of Biomedical Science, Engineering and Health Systems; the Department of Mathematics; the Department of Physics; the Department of Chemistry and the Department of Biology.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering View 45 other Masters in Electrical Engineering in United States
- A four-year Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or related field from a regionally accredited institution in the US or an equivalent international institution
- Examples of related fields include: Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, Software Engineering, and Telecommunications Engineering
- A Bachelor's in "Engineering Technology" will generally not qualify
- A minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 for undergraduate work
- Half-cumulative GPA (final 2 years of coursework) will be considered for those close to this benchmark
- If any other graduate work has been completed, the average GPA must be at least 3.0
International1342 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1342 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National1342 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1342 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.