Develop your understanding of the politics, leadership, and diplomacy that enabled the rise of the Axis and Allied powers before, during, and after World War II with the World War II Studies Postgrad. Cert. at the American Public University.
APU’s six-course WWII certificate program probes the strategy, tactics, leaders, and lessons learned from the blitzkrieg into France, the Balkans, and the Soviet Union. It also examines the campaigns in North Africa and Italy as well as the battles famously fought in the Pacific.
The program’s coursework includes an examination of the Allied victory in Europe and the Pacific that evaluates the leadership and decision making involving amphibious, airdrop, and river crossing operations.
What You Will Do
- Assess the strategies, tactics, leaders, and lessons learned during the fighting in Asia, the Pacific, the Balkans, Soviet Union, North Africa, and the blitzkriegs into France
- Explain the Allied victory in Europe including decisions concerning the amphibious invasions, airdrops, and the crossing of the Rhine
- Discuss the politics, leadership, and diplomacy in Germany, Japan, and Italy that enabled the rise of the Axis leadership during World War II
- Understand the political leadership that defined the Allied powers of the U.S., Great Britain, and Russia
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- World War II in Context
- Studies in U.S Military History
- World War II in Europe
- World War II in the Pacific
- World War II: Politics, Political Leadership and Diplomacy
- World War II and the Eastern Front
- 2 months
Start dates & application deadlines
Courses Start Monthly
DisciplinesMilitary Science History Modern History View 16 other Masters in Military Science in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- All APU graduate programs require you to have earned a minimum of a bachelor’s degree from an institution whose accreditation is recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
- Please read all graduate admission requirements before applying to this program and be prepared to submit the required documentation.
- If you have a non-U.S. transcript, please view our International Admissions page for more information.
- There is no fee to complete the APU admission application.
International370 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 370 USD per credit during 2 months.
National370 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 370 USD per credit during 2 months.
$250 with military grant
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.