This online program in World War II Studies, offered by the American Public University System, emphasis the politics, political leadership, and diplomacy that enabled the rise of the Axis and Allied powers before, during, and after World War II. Historians with specialized knowledge can be found as curators, guides, or consultants in tourism, museums, or other historical settings.
Many university faculty members teaching our history courses are published historians or military leaders who bring unique perspectives and relevant research into the classroom. You’ll also connect and interact online with other students who share your enthusiasm for history.
In addition to the institutional and degree level learning objectives, graduates of this program are expected to achieve these learning outcomes:
- Discern and critique the strategies, tactics, leaders and lessons learned during the fighting in the China-Burma-India Theater, New Guinea, the Solomon Islands, the Aleutians, and in the Philippines.
- Explain and assess the strategy, tactics and leadership from the blitzkriegs into France, the Balkans, and the Soviet Union to the campaigns in North Africa and Italy.
- Explain and assess the Allied victory in Europe to include the generalship and decisions concerning the amphibious invasions, airdrops, and the crossing of the Rhine.
- Distinguish the politics, political leadership, and diplomacy in Germany, Japan, and Italy that enabled the rise of the respective countries’ Axis leadership that ruled during World War II.
- Distinguish the political leadership that defined the Allied powers of the United States, Great Britain, and Russia before, during, and after World War II.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- World War II in Context
- Studies in U.S Military History
- World War II in Europe
- World War II in the Pacific
- World War II: Politics, Political Leadership and Diplomacy
- World War II and the Eastern Front
- 2 months
Start dates & application deadlines
Courses Start Monthly
DisciplinesMilitary Science History Modern History View 8 other Masters in Modern History in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- All APU graduate programs require you to have earned a minimum of a bachelor’s degree from an institution whose accreditation is recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
- If you have a non-U.S. transcript, please view our International Admissions page for more information.
- There is no fee to complete the APU admission application.
International370 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 370 USD per credit and a duration of 2 months.
National370 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 370 USD per credit and a duration of 2 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.