Financial mathematics builds on the application of advanced concepts in modern probability theory to enable market professionals to tackle and systematically resolve a huge range of issues in the areas of pricing, hedging, risk management, and market regulation.
The Financial Mathematics course at Brunel University Londonhas an emphasis on:
- the modelling of the dynamics of financial assets, both in equity markets and in fixed-income markets
- the pricing and hedging of options and other derivatives
- the quantification and management of financial risk.
The course will give you a balanced mixture of advanced mathematics (including modern probability theory and stochastic calculus), modern finance theory (including models for derivatives, interest rates, foreign exchange, equities, commodities, and credit), and computational technique (GPU-based high-performance computing).
Careers and your future
You’ll be qualified to pursue a job in a number of different areas of financial modelling and risk management in the financial services industry, with employment prospects in banks, asset management firms, hedge funds, pension funds, insurance and re-insurance companies, exchanges, corporate and sovereign treasuries, financial consultants, financial software developers, financial regulators, financial publishing houses, and companies specialising in the analysis and distribution of financial information and data. There is also a demand in financial institutions for well qualified mathematically literate graduates with higher degrees for positions in the trading, structuring and marketing of financial products.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Computer Intensive Statistical Methods
- Financial Markets
- Interest Rate Theory
- Option Pricing Theory
- Probability and Stochastics
- Research Methods and Case Studies
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMathematics Financial Mathematics View 174 other Masters in Mathematics in United Kingdom
- A 2:2 (or above) UK Honours degree, or equivalent internationally recognised qualification, in Mathematics.
- Applications from candidates with degrees in related subjects with a substantial mathematical component (such as Physics, Engineering, Chemistry, or Economics) may be considered on an individual basis.
- Other qualifications with relevant work experience may also be considered.
International19855 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 19855 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
National10750 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10750 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.