Topics of high societal significance
- International migration
- Integration and cultural identity
- Development of ethnic relations
- Management of cultural diversity
This two-year Master's programme contributes to interdisciplinary theoretical and empirical knowledge in the social sciences. We focus on the main theories and approaches developed in the fields of Sociology and Social and Cultural Psychology.
In addition to these two central disciplinary fields, we also cover perspectives from adjacent fields such as Political Science, Economics, Anthropology and Geography.
This Master's programme prepares you for subsequent PhD training. It also serves as a freestanding programme for graduates who aspire to research positions outside academia.
This Master's programme prepares you for a scientific career, in academia (PhD training), research institutes, government organisations, NGOs, and private enterprises.
Students who regard the MSc as the terminus of their academic education can capitalise on their:
- Research experience abroad
- Foreign language fluency
- Analytical, research, and reporting skills
- Successful completion of a demanding programme
Accredited by the NVAO - Accreditation Organisation of the Netherlands and Flanders.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- International Migration: Theories, Types, Trends and Policies
- Identity and Cultural Diversity
- Research Practicum
- Methods and Statistics: Regression Analysis and Its Generalizations
- Acculturation and Cultural Comparison
- Immigrant Integration: Inequality and Cohesion
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Ethnic Studies Sociology View 62 other Masters in Sociology in Netherlands
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- An academic Bachelor's degree in Social or Behavioural Sciences (for instance Interdisciplinary Social Science, Sociology, Cultural Anthropology, or Psychology). Or a Bachelor's degree in Economics, Political Sciences, International Relations, Public Administration, or Geography.
- A minimum average grade of 7.5 in the Dutch system or an international equivalent
- Sufficient academic knowledge and skills in methods and statistics
- Sufficient command of the English language
- Motivation that fits the aim of this programme.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International17280 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17280 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA2168 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2168 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Utrecht
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.