Special attention is paid to the influence of various factors on the composition, sensory properties and health effects of food at molecular level. Application of food metabolomics and modern biotechnological methods in food research and food development is an important part of the curriculum.
The curriculum also covers various aspects of food safety and European food laws and legislation.
Through the Programme, you will gain education and qualification for working as an expert, for example in food authorities.
The Programme provides you with competence for meeting the challenges in the research and development in food industry and academia. Through the Programme, you also gain education and qualification for working as an expert in food authorities and other related functions in the society.
Students graduating from the Programme, may work, among others, as:
- r&d manager
- quality manager
- product developer
- product specialist
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Examples of thesis topics:
- Triacylglycerol fatty acid composition and expression levels of related biosynthesis genes in seeds and pulp of developing sea buckthorn (Hippophaë rhamnoides) berries
- Effects of wine yeast on chemical composition of black currant wine – anthocyanins and alcohols
- Development of Lupin (Lupinus angustifolius L) based Mayonnaises
- Optimization of a UHPLC method for analysis of cafestol and kahweol in various coffee types
- Sensory contribution of glycosylated phenolic compounds
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesNutrition & Dietetics Food Sciences View 3 other Masters in Food Sciences in Finland
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
You are an eligible applicant for Master’s-level studies if
- you have a nationally recognized first cycle degree – normally a Bachelor’s degree – from an accredited institution of higher education,
- your degree corresponds to at least 180 ECTS (European credits) or to three years of full-time study,
- your degree is in a relevant field for the Master’s degree programme that you’re applying to. Please check the programme page for detailed degree requirements.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International12000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12000 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
- Tuition fee Free for citizens of EU/EEA countries or Switzerland, for citizens of non-EU/EEA countries €12,000 / academic year
Living costs for Turku
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.