Are you interested in how our surroundings and buildings are designed? Are you eager to reflect on design and how to use it for upcoming generations? Are you interested in urbanism and/or architecture? If you’re looking for a unique learning experience, then this dynamic, creative, and practical Master of Architecture from Fontys School of Fine and Performing Arts at Fontys University of Applied Sciences might be for you. After the course, you will master connecting social, cultural, political, economic, and technological parameters through design.
Graduates from this programme will be able to take an integrated, design-led approach in tackling complex issues of their environment in a national and/or international context. This gives them a variety of career prospects in architecture and other related fields.
- All graduated architects and urban designers will receive the title Msc.
- Our concurrent programme gives graduates the possibility to immediately at the Dutch Architecture Register and start working as a professional architect.
- We welcome graduated students from a range of different schools, disciplines, and cultural and professional backgrounds. The first year is fully dedicated to developing a designer attitude towards the world around us. The Core studio programme is supported by a range of skill-based trainings and a theoretical foundation on architecture and urban design, economy, sustainable design, and art history.
- During the second and third year, you’ll follow a total of 8 studio projects, workshops, and a large number of advanced skill-based trainings. You’ll also engage in research and an in-depth theory programme. The studio assessments will confront students with a variety of different assignments, methodologies, and levels of complexity.
- The graduation studio project takes up one full year through two possible formats: individual and/or team driven. Every student, either in the architecture or urbanism course, will follow the same process-based planning.
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesArchitecture Design Landscape Architecture View 28 other Masters in Design in Netherlands
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Admission requirements for the master’s degree program:
- - Bachelor (B / BSc) Architecture
- - Bachelor (B) Art Academy (Architectural design / Interior design)
According to the Code of Conduct regarding International Students, international students seeking admittance to an English-taught Masters programme must be able to prove that their command of the English language is at least equal to a score of 6.0 of the IELTS Test.
Applicants are required to:
- Work a minimum of 20 hours a week in a relevant practice (Architect’s firm or related). The Academy offers alternative practice studio’s for students who are temporarily unable to find a regular job. In these alternative practice studio’s students will work on assignments by real stakeholders and will be supervised by practitioners. There is usually no remuneration for participating students.
International7690 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7690 EUR per year during 48 months.
EU/EEA2314 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2314 EUR per year during 48 months.
Please check the tuition fees indicator to determine the tuition rate for your situation: https://fontys.edu/tuitionfees/
Living costs for Tilburg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.