Choose a broad scientific base or specialise in the areas of human disease and plant science, and choose from a range of optional modules, such as Crop Science and Sustainable Agriculture, and Medical Diagnostics.
The independent advanced research project is designed to offer you an immersive experience in the research laboratory, as well as the opportunity to contribute to science in an area you are passionate about.
The strong research element of MSc Bioscience , along with the specialist and generic skills you will develop, mean you’ll graduate equipped for a career in a diverse range of areas, ranging from bioscience-related research through to scientific publication, teacher training, health and safety and pharmaceutical market research.
Examples of posts held by recent MSc graduates of the Bioscience course from University of Leeds include:
Trainee Cytogeneticist, UK
Commissioning Editor, scientific publishers, UK
Research Fellow, National Centre for Biological Sciences, India
Clinical Researcher, Kent and Medway Cancer Network and NHS Trust, UK
Research Technician, University of Warwickshire/University of Oxford, UK
Graduate Medical Degree, UK
Bioassay analyst, Novartis Vaccines & Diagnostics, UK
Laboratory technician, Exova Group Limited
Quality Management at Johnson & Johnson Lifescan Technologies
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Practical Bioinformatics
- MSc Bioscience Research Project Proposal
- Research Planning and Scientific Communication
- Advanced Biomolecular Technologies
- Protein Engineering Laboratory Project
- Bioscience MSc Research Project
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesBiomedicine Human Medicine Microbiology View 79 other Masters in Microbiology in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A bachelor degree with 2:1 (hons) in a subject that has covered the cellular and molecular basis of life such as: Genetics, Microbiology, Biochemistry.
Documents and information you’ll need
- completed online application form (for Taught Postgraduate Study)
- full CV
- transcript of degree examination marks achieved to date
- copy of final degree certificate (if completed)
- evidence of English language qualification (non-native English speakers only)
- copy of passport (if you’re an overseas student).
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
Tuition FeeVisit official programme website
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.