The Equity and Diversity in Education program offered by University of Nevada, Reno allows educators and those in related fields to enhance their knowledge, skills, and dispositions to work more effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds. Multiple dimensions of human diversity are addressed through the program’s course work, with special attention to gender, race/ethnicity, national origin, language, social class, and exceptionality. Students may choose an area of emphasis from numerous options that may include completing a relevant endorsement or certificate (such as teaching English to speakers of other languages).
Graduates with M.S. in Equity and Diversity in Education from University of Nevada, Reno will be able to:
- demonstrate knowledge of equity and diversity in education.
- demonstrate an ability to apply research and theory on equity and diversity in education to practice and to conduct critical self-analysis of that practice.
- exhibit dispositions appropriate to equity and diversity in education.
- display writing skills that are scholarly, culturally sensitive, and mechanically correct.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Educational Research
- Multicultural Concerns in Diverse Educational Settings
- Gender Issues in Education
- Assessment and Evaluation English Language Learners
- Policies, Critical Issues and Best Practices for ELLs - Practicum
- Critical Numeracy Across the Curriculum (3 units)
- Equity and Diversity in Math and Science Education
- Assessment for Special Education Teachers
- Parent Involvement and Family Engagement (P-12 Perspective)
- Education Independent Study
- Education Topics
- Issues in Teaching in Diverse Educational Settings
- Seminar in Multicultural Education
- Diversity in Higher Education
- College Student Development Theory
- Student Retention and Success Strategies
- Theory and Practice of Academic English Language Development
- Methods and Curricula for Teaching Elementary English Learners
- Methods for Adolescent and Adult English Learners
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEducation View 3590 other Masters in Education in United States
- Program application
- Statement of professional goals
- Two letters of recommendation
International21006 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21006 USD per year during 12 months.
National21006 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21006 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State5352 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5352 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Reno
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.