The Master of Arts (M.A.) in forensic psychology prepares you to apply psychological theory, knowledge, skills and competencies to the civil and criminal justice systems. It is online, part-time and can be completed in about two years.
Why Earn a Master's in Forensic Psychology Online at University of North Dakota?
Forensic psychology is a rapidly growing specialty area of psychology. Through the online master's degree program at the University of North Dakota, you'll gain:
- Knowledge of advanced psychological concepts and theories.
- Outstanding analytical, statistical and evaluation skills.
- Specific forensic-relevant knowledge.
- In-depth understanding of our legal system.
The online forensic psychology graduate program will help you develop the skills and knowledge you need to work in the field of forensic psychology, including how to:
- Conduct focus groups and assist lawyers in trial preparation and jury selection.
- Select and utilize the most appropriate tools for assessment or evaluation.
- Provide research-based program evaluations.
- Assist courts and state agencies in addressing forensic issues.
- Foundations of Forensic Psychology
- Diversity Psychology
- Forensic Assessment
- Psychology and Law
- Advanced Univariate Statistics
- Multivariate Statistics for Psychology
- Experimental Design
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Forensic Science View 43 other Masters in Forensic Science in United States
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university with a behavioral or social science major allied with psychology, i.e., psychology, criminal justice, sociology, counseling or social work.
- A cumulative undergraduate grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or above, or a graduate degree GPA of 3.50.
- Submission of a curriculum vitae and a personal statement
- Submission of three letters of recommendation from those who can comment on your academic abilities or ability to understand complex issues and think critically, e.g. former faculty member or work supervisor.
- Satisfy the School of Graduate Studies’ English Language Proficiency requirements as published in the graduate catalog.
International8490 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 566 USD per credit during 24 months.
National8490 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 566 USD per credit during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.