The Economics and Business Administration - Strategy, Organisation and Leadership MSc course from the Copenhagen Business School (CBS) will have a strong focus on leading edge theories. These scientific theories are abstract, yet practical in the sense that they relate to organisations and their challenges.
This is the reason why you never find a definitive answer to organisational problems, and that is the reason why you will not end up with a management toolbox by studying the SOL programme.
You will be prepared to solve complex and dynamic situations of leadership, and you will build up your analytical skills for dealing with problems and situations that are ill/badly defined, complex and ambiguous. You therefore get insight in to different perspectives on business strategies, by understanding different practices of strategising and how they address organisational and environmental challenges. Saying this, you will not learn tools on how to make a business strategy from a to z.
You learn about the present understanding of organisations, about organisations as actors in a broader society and thereby understand that organisations are all different. To handle problems in organisations and to be able to find the best solutions for each organisation, you need a broad knowledge and insight into many different perspectives.. It could be e.g. , how to mobilise resources in organisational growth, or it could be knowledge about what happens with group dynamics when organisations implement change and innovation processes.
You will learn about processes ranging from individual level, to groups, organisations and society, where you encounter topics such as strategy, identity, branding, innovation, organising, accounting, ethics, and leadership.
Students often find employment in public or private organisations, industry or consulting. They work within areas such as analysis, project management, executive assistance, operations, HRM, trainee, consulting and organisational change.
- Business Strategy
- Managing Organizational Identity
- Accounting and Performance Measurement
- Organizational Design
- Managing organizational change and innovation processes
- Organizations and Society
- Social Construction of Leadership
- Master's Thesis
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesProject Management Marketing Management, Organisation & Leadership View 3 other Masters in Project Management in Denmark
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- This is a concentration under the MSc in Economics and Business Administration (EBA)/cand.merc. programme.
- The MSc EBA/cand.merc. graduate programme is the natural progression for the following bachelor degrees: HA Almen from CBS, HA i erhvervsøkonomi og projektledelse, HA i Europæisk Business, BSc in International Shipping and Trade from CBS, BSc in International Business from CBS and BSc in Business Administration and Service Management from CBS.
- Applicants who do not have one of the above-mentioned bachelor degrees can also be qualified for the programme. Your educational background will be subject to an overall individual assessment and the following specific entry requirements should be met:
- 45 ECTS-points in the following core academic areas, with a minimum of 5 ECTS-points within each: Microeconomics, Organisation, Marketing, Quantitative Methods/Statistics, Accounting, Finance
- 45 ECTS-points in Business Administration/Economics
International15200 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15200 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Copenhagen
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.