Understanding and using financial analysis and instruments is central in this concentration. You will learn to interpret key figures for budgeting decisions, but also discus different ways for a company to finance itself and allocate its capital. From here you will develop a deeper understanding of how knowledge of finance can influence strategic decisions and company value. For instance, you will learn how best to design the pricing and payout policy for stocks, or how to apply insight from financial markets in the selection of investment portfolios. You will also be working with tools for calculating and managing financial risk. This will enable you to test and evaluate what potential risk, profit and impact a financial decision will create.
At this Economics and Business Administration - Finance and Strategic Management MSc course offered by the Copenhagen Business School (CBS) you will also come to appreciate how insights into the economics of company organisation can be of great value. With this understanding, you will for instance be able to provide an analysis for decisions on how a company should organise itself, how and in what market it should compete, or whether it should make or buy a specific good or service. In combination with this, you will learn how different structures of ownership or organisation will influence both the finances and the governance of a company. An example of this could be to create incentives and contracts that regulate behaviour and realign the differences in stakeholder interests, while keeping the cost of these transactions to a minimum.
- Many graduates find employment in financial institutions. This could be as an analyst or advisor at a brokerage or investment firm, evaluating market developments or making recommendations on whether to buy or sell a particular investment or security. Some will also find job opportunities in consulting.
- As a consultant you can help companies tackle a great variety of problems. You could for instance help a company by making an analysis for market entry, or understand the financial implications of different strategic approaches to company expansion or mergers. The financial and strategic skills acquired can also lead to jobs in a broad range of other areas. For instance in international organizations like IMF, EU or in the public sector.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Strategic Management
- Corporate Finance
- Theory of the Firm
- Financial Markets and Instruments
- Corporate Strategy
- Corporate Governance and Finance
- Risk Management
- Master Thesis
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- This is a concentration under the MSc in Economics and Business Administration (EBA)/cand.merc. programme.
- The MSc EBA/cand.merc. graduate programme is the natural progression for the following bachelor degrees: HA Almen from CBS, HA i erhvervsøkonomi og projektledelse, HA i Europæisk Business, BSc in International Shipping and Trade from CBS, BSc in International Business from CBS and BSc in Business Administration and Service Management from CBS.
- Applicants who do not have one of the above-mentioned bachelor degrees can also be qualified for the programme. Your educational background will be subject to an overall individual assessment and the following specific entry requirements should be met:
- 45 ECTS-points in the following core academic areas, with a minimum of 5 ECTS-points within each: Microeconomics, Organisation, Marketing, Quantitative Methods/Statistics, Accounting, Finance
- 45 ECTS-points in Business Administration/Economics
International15200 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15200 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.