The Mathematics course from The Open University UK has been designed for students who want to delve more deeply into particular aspects of pure and applied mathematics, and is applicable to a wide range of contexts including science, engineering and technology.
Key features of the course
- Extends your understanding of key areas of mathematics, including analytic number theory, advanced calculus and differential equations
- A wide choice of modules enables you to tailor the course to your needs
- The opportunity to top up to our MSc in Mathematics in just one more year.
Mathematics postgraduates can be found throughout industry, business and commerce, in the public and private sectors. Employers value the intellectual rigour and reasoning skills that mathematics students can acquire, their familiarity with numerical and symbolic thinking and the analytic approach to problem-solving which is their hallmark.
There are a variety of reasons for studying mathematics at postgraduate level. You may want a postgraduate qualification in order to distinguish yourself from an increasingly large graduate population.
You may find that your undergraduate mathematical knowledge is becoming insufficient for your career requirements, especially if you are hoping to specialise in one of the more mathematical areas, which are becoming more sought after by employers.
Or you may want to move to a PhD in Mathematics. The extent of opportunities is vast and mathematics postgraduates are equipped with skills and knowledge required for jobs in fields such as finance, education, engineering, science and business, as well as mathematics and mathematical science research.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Calculus of variations and advanced calculus
- Analytic number theory
- Advanced mathematical methods
- Analytic number theory
- Galois theory
- Approximation theory
- Coding theory
- Fractal geometry
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesMathematics Applied Mathematics View 5 other Masters in Mathematics in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- You should normally have a minimum of a 2.2 honours degree in mathematics or a 2.1 honours degree in a subject with a high mathematical content.
- If you are new to postgraduate study in mathematics you are advised start with a single module: either the applied mathematics module Calculus of variations and advanced calculus or the pure mathematics module Analytic number theory I.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International3240 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6480 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA3240 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6480 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.