The Master’s in Environmental and Energy Management (MEEM) at the University of Twente (UT) is offered in Leeuwarden, in the province of Friesland, the Netherlands’ most challenging province with respect to environment, energy and water.
Today’s grand challenges – especially climate change, but also resource depletion, urbanization, ecological and socio-economic stress – call for professionals able to organize, manage and lead socio-technical change. This combined focus, on thinking and doing lies at the heart of the MEEM programme. Its social science-oriented Master’s will provide you with knowledge, skills and competencies in various social science disciplines, such as Management, Public Administration, Governance and Law. This will prepare you to lead and manage socio-technical change processes in the industrial, environmental, energy and water domains.
A majority of our graduates (just under 40%) get a job with governmental or non-governmental organizations. For instance, they may play a pivotal role within a municipal, provincial, national or international water, energy or environmental authority. Many graduates also join a large company, a non-governmental organization (NGO) or an educational organization, or carve out a career at a consultancy firm or a research centre.
The programme holds NVAO accreditation.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Environmental management
- Energy management
- Water Management
- Sustainability and Law
- Environment and Technology
- Policy and Sustainability
- Ecology, Society and Sustainable Development
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesEnergy & Power Engineering Environmental Management Environmental Sciences View 42 other Masters in Environmental Sciences in Netherlands
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- You can enter the programme if you have a relevant Bachelor's degree in any of the natural, technical, environmental or social sciences. Many of our applicants have an academic background in science, engineering and/or technology or have worked in these areas and are eager to take their career to the next level by adding social sciences and competencies to their tool set.
- Others have a background in social sciences – for example Business Administration, and sometimes Public Administration – and want to gear up for a career in the exciting, complex and sociotechnologically driven field of energy, water and the environment. The MEEM programme is the perfect hybrid solution for all of these ambitions.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International12500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12500 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA2168 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2168 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
The University of Twente offers excellent students the possibility to enrol in UT master’s programmes with a scholarship. These scholarships vary from government grants to funding by organizations or private persons. In addition, faculties and the University of Twente Scholarship Foundation (UTS) offer a limited number of scholarships to excellent students.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.