Human Rights and Humanitarian Law degree offered at Aberystwyth University is highly flexible and allows you to study from home via distance learning - whether in the UK or overseas.
This course will be particularly attractive to those seeking to establish or expand careers in government departments, think tanks, international organisations, humanitarian and human rights advocacy, business organisations, international law firms and a wide range of NGOs.
On this course you will gain a wealth of skills vital for success in legal and more general employment. You will:
- develop expertise in the latest legal developments in the field of human rights and humanitarian law
- develop a critical appreciation of legal responses to humanitarian and human rights issues
- master a range of legal methodologies
- learn to quickly assemble, assimilate and interpret a wealth of legal information regarding human rights and humanitarian law
More informationVisit official programme website
- Aspects Of Commercial Contracting
- Climate Change Law And Policy
- Contemporary Issues In Food Policy And Law
- Control Of Pollution Law
- Criminology Of International Conflict Personnel
- Democracy And International Law
- Human Rights, Business And The Internet
- Human Rights, Environment And International Business
- Legal Studies
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesCivil & Private Law Master of Laws (LLM) View 133 other Masters in Civil & Private Law in United Kingdom
Good Undergraduate degree 2.2 (UK) (equating to a mark of 56.5 or above). Degrees in law, the social sciences, or other similar subjects are preferred. Those from other disciplines or with suitable professional experience will be considered on an individual basis.
Equivalent international qualifications are acceptable especially if ECTS evidence is available. Accreditation of Prior Learning (APL) and/or Accreditation of Experiential Prior Learning (APEL) are considered on an individual basis according to current University Regulations.
International14700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14700 GBP per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA7000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7000 GBP per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.