System Dynamics degree offered by the University of Bergen offers a vibrant, international student life focusing on the study of System Dynamics - a study available to very few students across the world. We use state-of-the-art learning technology and client-based case studies.
Currently System Dynamics is sought after for research and education in many separate fields as well as analysis by large companies, governments, international agencies, and consulting companies.
How do we develop a well-balanced set of policies to guide decision making that altogether contributes a successful strategy causing a favorable development over time.
Which policies cause the most favourable development over time?
How do we avoid shaping strategies, policies and decisions based on misperceptions? And how do we assess their consequences effectively before implementing them in our social context?
What is the wider impact of our decisions over a longer time span?
To answer questions such as these, you are trained to develop simulation models that represent the cause-and-effect structure of the systems studied, to derive their dynamics by way of simulation, and to investigate the relationship between the two.
- Fundamentals of Dynamic Social Systems
- Model-based Analysis and Policy Design
- System Dynamics Modelling Process
- Policy Design and Implementation
- Model-based Socioeconomic Planning
- Natural Resources Management
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesIndustrial & Systems Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 9 other Masters in Industrial & Systems Engineering in Norway
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- In order to apply for the Master's Programme in System Dynamics you need a bachelor's degree of 3-4 years' duration, or an equivalent educational background. The degree must include 1,5 years (80-90 ECTS) of full-time studies in relevant courses in either social sciences, including management, or natural sciences, including engineering.
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per semester during 24 months.
The semester fee is NOK 590
Living costs for Bergen
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.