The Organic Agriculture and Food Systems degree program at the University of Hohenheim is based on a holistic view of the food system, which is why the production, processing, and marketing of organic products requires special knowledge. Students acquire skills and knowledge in all relevant aspects of organic product creation (production, processing, marketing, certification):
- Organic crop production
- Organic animal husbandry
- Organic agriculture in the tropics and subtropics
- Food chains and food systems in organic agriculture
- Market development of ecological agriculture in various countries
Students also learn:
- to work in a team in a structure and goal-oriented manner,
- to lead teams,
- to systematically work though problem-solving approaches,
- to think in terms of the entire system, and to work in an interdisciplinary manner.
Organic agriculture is a growing market requiring experts with well-founded knowledge in the production of organic food as well as processing and quality control. Graduates are employed in the following fields:
- Organic food and cosmetic companies
- Quality management and certification
- Agricultural consulting
- Non-governmental organizations and associations
- Universities and research institutions
- Organic Food Systems and Concepts
- Principles of Organic Food Systems
- Processing and Quality of Organic Food
- Economics and Environmental Policy
- Sustainability marketing & Marketing Consulting
- Organic Plant Production
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesFood Sciences Agriculture View 12 other Masters in Food Sciences in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor’s degree in Agricultural Sciences, Natural Sciences, or a related program at a university in Germany or abroad or at a university of applied sciences with a standard period of study of at least 3 years (totaling 180 ECTS credits)
- Proof of English language skills
- Proof of pre-test Organic Agriculture & Food Systems
International3000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1500 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Stuttgart
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.