The ecological market is growing worldwide, and consumers are increasingly interested in the quality of food and the sustainable production of food. That is why the demand for experts in the area of organic agriculture is also increasing.
- Can be studied either as a single degree or a full double degree from the University of Hohenheim and one of four partner universities in Austria, Poland, Denmark, or France
- Close cooperation with the Center for Organic Farming
- Optimal preparation for international careers in organic agriculture
- Reasons to Choose Hohenheim
Biological agriculture is based on a holistic perspective, which is why processing and marketing organic products require specialized knowledge. Students of the Organic Agriculture and Food Systems degree program at the University of Hohenheim obtain skills and knowledge in all relevant aspects of ecological agriculture (production, processing, marketing, certification):
- Organic crop production
- Ecological Animal Husbandry
- Ecological Agriculture in the Tropics and Subtropics
- Food Chains and Networks in Ecological Agriculture
- Market development of organic farming in various European countries
Students also learn:
- to work in a team in a structure and goal-oriented manner.
- to lead teams
- to systematically work though problem-solving approaches
Ecological agriculture is a growing market requiring experts with well-founded knowledge in the production of organic food as well as processing and quality control. Graduates are active in the following careers:
- Organic food and cosmetic companies
- Quality management and certification
- (Agricultural) consulting services
- Non-governmental organizations or other associations
- Universities and research institutions
- International organic certification offices
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Economics and Environmental Policy
- Global Agi-tood Systems. Conventional, Organic, and Beyond
- Organic Food Systems and Concepts
- Organic Livestock Farming and Products
- Project in Organic Agriculture and Food Systems (12 credits)
- Biological Pest Control
- Crop Protection in Organic Farming
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesFood Sciences Agriculture View 12 other Masters in Food Sciences in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor’s degree in Agricultural Sciences, Natural Sciences, or a related program at a university in Germany or abroad or at a university of applied sciences with a standard period of study of at least 3 years (totaling 180 ECTS credits)
- Proof of English language skills
- We expect our students to have good knowledge of English and to be computer literate. We also require the ability and willingness to work in intercultural teams.
International3000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1500 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.