The Internal Medicine (Online Learning) programme offered by The University of Edinburgh is mostly for early postgraduate doctors. It complements the learning you need to achieve membership of the Royal College of Physicians and it may also be suitable for doctors in other specialties, or nurse consultants and other paramedical specialists with extensive clinical experience.
We cover basic physiology, pathophysiology, therapy and clinical management, as well as clinical skills, generic skills (including writing and research methods) law, ethics and prescribing ability.
Problem-based learning through clinical case scenarios will be used to enhance knowledge and clinical decision-making. We use a variety of e-learning resources and platforms, including a virtual classroom with online tutorials and lectures, online interactive resources and virtual patients.
This programme is designed to help medical professionals gain the next step in their medical career, with a highly regarded qualification and first-rate expertise.
- Principles of Clinical Pharmacology
- Skills for Evidence Based Practice
- Science of Medicine
- Principles of Laboratory Medicine
- Imaging in Medicine
- Acute Medicine and Clinical Decision-Making
- Clinical Skills Principles
- Improving Diagnosis
- Advanced Research Methods
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- MSc - 180
- PgDip - 120
- PgCert - 60
DisciplinesPublic Health Human Medicine Health Sciences View 293 other Masters in Public Health in United Kingdom
- A medical degree (MBChB or equivalent) or a UK 2:1 honours degree, or its international equivalent, in a clinically relevant subject. You must have work experience in a clinical context.
- We may also consider your application if you have other relevant work experience; please contact us to check before you apply. You may be admitted to certificate level only in the first instance.
International5735 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5735 GBP per year during 36 months.
National5735 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5735 GBP per year during 36 months.
- PgProfDev:10 credits £960; 20 credits £1,915
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.