Studying for the MA History of Art at The Courtauld is a rewarding experience and an excellent gateway to working in the art sector or undertaking further study in the discipline.
The Courtauld’s strength lies in it being a small, single-subject academic institution, providing students with an intimate environment in which to participate, develop their knowledge and gain skills for employment in the Arts sector and beyond.
The MA History of Art programme is designed around the study of specific Special Options and is taught by leading academics. The programme frequently incorporates new Special Options, with recent additions ranging from medieval architecture to early modern Persianate painting to contemporary Chinese art.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Conservation, Presentation and Access: Ethics and Practice (five sessions).
- History and Theory of Museums
- Virtual Display exercise
- Contemporary Approaches to the Museum
- Individual Work Placement
- 9 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesArt History View 134 other Masters in Art History in United Kingdom
- Bachelor’s Degree – Students will normally have achieved a good 2.1, considered to be an overall average 65% or above.
- We accept overseas qualifications equivalent to a 2.1 in a UK first degree (e.g. US applicants should have a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or above).
International19900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 19900 GBP per year and a duration of 9 months.
EU/EEA9425 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9425 GBP per year and a duration of 9 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.