The Courtauld Institute of Art MA History of Art is renowned for offering outstanding training in the specialised analytical and communication skills necessary for further research or for employment both in the arts sector and across a wide range of other careers.
The programme excels at developing wellrounded and intellectually astute art historians and museum professionals equipped to make an important contribution to public life.
The MA History of Art structure combines our long-standing commitment to specialism with new means to foster fresh dialogues among students from across our tightly-knit community. Throughout the first term, you will attend a signature weekly lecture course designed and delivered by faculty to explore cutting-edge thinking from across the breadth of our discipline, followed up by discussion classes led by our outstanding community of research students. You will also have expanded opportunities to participate in shared interest study strands designed to complement your chosen Special Option.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Conservation, Presentation and Access: Ethics and Practice
- History and Theory of Museums
- Virtual Display exercise
- Contemporary Approaches to the Museum
- Individual Work Placement
- 9 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesArt History View 130 other Masters in Art History in United Kingdom
- UK qualifications: Students will normally have achieved a good 2.1 in their Bachelor’s degree, considered to be an overall average 65% or above.
- Overseas qualification: Equivalent to a good 2.1 in a UK first degree (e.g. US applicants should have a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or above).
- Please note that applicants are invited to interview on a case-by-case basis.
- English language requirements: If your first language is not English, we require proof of English language proficiency –please see the English Language Requirements page.
International22000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 22000 GBP per year and a duration of 9 months.
EU/EEA10550 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10550 GBP per year and a duration of 9 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.