The management accounting and control programme seeks to equip students with a range of relevant management accounting concepts and theories so as to build a solid foundation for practice-oriented decision-making.
The MSc programme in Economics and Business Administration - Management Accounting and Control from Aarhus University aims to develop management technologies and test theories within production, reporting, analysis, and managerial use of financial as well as non-financial information.
All management technologies and theories are intended for use in communicating financial events in the organisation, influencing decisions on resource allocation, and improving insight and feedback to the management of the organisation.
The programme applies a variety of teaching methods and types of evaluation. Students can expect traditional lectures, lectures with group exercises, and lectures dedicated to casework. Au encourages and expects student participation – because those who work are those who learn.
An internship during the third semester is also recommended. This gives students the chance to experience and address some of the theoretical problems discussed during the first and second semester. This creates an appetite for more theory and is the foundation for writing a solid thesis.
Social and academic activities
Aarhus bss hosts a rich and varied programme of activities for you as a student, both study-related and social. Our many student associations host events ranging from lectures and company events to career days and sports days, friday bars, and celebrations, so there is plenty of scope for meeting and networking with like-minded people, discovering new areas of academic interest, and socialising with fellow students.
Graduates from the management accounting and control programme are qualified for a variety of different types of job. Many have found jobs as controllers across a range of different organisations, and some have become business consultants. Our graduates have taken up jobs both in denmark and abroad, and their attractive skill-set allows them to climb their chosen career ladder rapidly.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Panning and Budgeting
- Mathods in Management Accounting Research
- Strategic and Organisational Contepts
- Cost Management Theories, Models and Technologies
- Performance Management
- Accounting Information Systems
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Management, Organisation & Leadership Accounting View 29 other Masters in Business Administration in Denmark
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Students that hold a Bachelor of Science degree in Economics and Business Administration (HA) or variants hereof from Aarhus University can pursue direct admission to the MSc programmes in Economics and Business Administration after they complete their Bachelor’s degree programme.
- If you hold a Bachelor’s degree in Economics and Business Administration, Bsc (HA) from one of the Danish universities, you fulfill the specific admission requirement for the Master’s degree programmes in Economics and Business Administration (cand.merc.).
- If you hold a Graduate Diploma in Business Administration (HD), you can also pursue admission to the MSc programmes in Economics and Business Administration. However, it is required that you complete supplementary courses corresponding to 20 ECTS.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International10000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10000 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.