Students pursuing an Information Technology degree at University of Kansas learn to:
- Develop technical knowledge and managerial skills in IT
- Support versatile thinking and confident leadership in IT
- Understand the big picture and make strategic IT decisions that address technical and business demands
Admission to the program requires two or more years of practical experience in IT. Without an undergraduate degree in a computer-related field, four years of relevant professional work experience in IT is required. View the program guides below for further details on admission requirements.
- Chief Information Officer
- Vice President of Technology
- Chief Technology Officer
- Technology Product Management
- Technology Product Development
- Information Security and Assurance
- Computer Networks
- Principles of Software Engineering
- IT Project Management
- Strategic Analysis of Technology Projects
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Technology Software Engineering View 740 other Masters in Informatics & Information Technology in United States
- Online application
- Application fee
- An official copy of transcripts
- Three letters of recommendation
- Current professional résumé
- Statement of purpose
- International applicants must meet KU’s English proficiency, visa and financial support document requirement.
- An undergraduate degree in a computing or related discipline with a GPA of 2.75 or better
- For applicants with at least two years of practical work experience in IT, no GRE scores will be required. For those who would like to take the GRE exam, Electrical Engineering and Computer Science requirements are as follows: 146+ verbal, 155+ quantitative (mean GRE: 152 verbal, 163 quantitative). If GRE scores are submitted, they will be considered as part of admission process.
International36900 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1230 USD per credit during 12 months.
National36900 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1230 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State19440 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 648 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Lawrence
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.