The Art Education program at Bowling Green State University guides students in developing advanced skills that include modeling and facilitating innovative curriculum and pedagogy, leading collaborative artistic explorations, engaging contemporary studio art practices, and teaching students the habits of mind essential to the development of the whole student.
Offered 70% online, the MA degree program builds upon the well-established reputation of the School of Art’s Division of Art Education, and the exceptionally high placement rate of its BFA graduates.
Applicants worldwide are welcome. Up to nine credits in the Studio Arts and Art History can be acquired through BGSU’s School of Art or reviewed for transfer from other – including international - institutions.
Graduates of the MA in Art Education program will:
- Be able to adapt and respond to the changing knowledge base of visual arts education.
- Provide leadership and inspire positive change amidst the design, application, and writing of high quality curricula.
- Model reflective practices that inform the personal and professional development of artist-teachers.
- Perspectives in Visual Arts Education
- Contemporary Art Practices in the Visual Arts Classroom
- Contemporary Issues & Advocacy in Visual Arts Education
- Research Methods in Visual Arts Education
- Masters Project in Visual Arts Education
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before , International
Domestic: 14 days prior to the start of the admit term
DisciplinesVisual Arts Art History Art Education View 865 other Masters in Visual Arts in United States
- Graduate Application
- $75 non-refundable application fee
- Scanned copies of official or unofficial transcripts from all institutions attended. Upon admission, final official or notarized copies of transcripts from all institutions where degrees were earned (showing dates when the degrees were conferred) and diplomas from international institutions must be submitted.
- Standardized test scores (GRE, GMAT, PRAXIS, OAE) may be required.
- Programs may also require recommendations, a statement of purpose, a resume, and other documents.
International20852 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10426 USD per semester during 12 months.
National20852 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10426 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State12864 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6432 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Bowling Green
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.