- In-depth knowledge and understanding of the contexts and practices of professional interpreting, enabling students to develop the skills upon which professional interpreter competence is predicated
- Advanced expertise in their language pairs
- In-depth knowledge of the language-services market place
- Appropriate opportunities in professionally-based practice
- Graduates can pursue careers in a range of areas where interpreting and translation skills are required, e.g. academic, creative writing, translation and interpreting industry, public policy, business and commerce and journalism. The programme includes specialist training in translation technologies and offers opportunities for work experience.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The programme introduces students to the contexts and environments in which professional interpreters work and to the research techniques and modes of practice required by these contexts.
- Delivered through a combination of seminars, workshops, guided private study, a programme of visiting speakers and appropriate professional practice, the structure of the programme enables students to work at the highest professional level.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesTranslation & Interpreting Linguistics View 375 other Masters in Linguistics in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Normally a 2.1 Honours degree or equivalent qualification acceptable to the University in a relevant subject.
- A 2.2 Honours degree or equivalent qualification acceptable to the University may be acceptable with relevant professional experience. Applicants with qualifications below 2.2 Honours degree standard may be considered if they can demonstrate a minimum of three years relevant professional experience. The University's Recognition of Prior Learning Policy provides guidance on the assessment of experiential learning (RPEL).
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International18200 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18200 GBP per year during 12 months.
National6650 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6650 GBP per year during 12 months.
- Northern Ireland (NI) - £6,650
- Republic of Ireland (ROI) - £6,650
- England, Scotland or Wales (GB) - £7,470
- EU Other - £18,200
- International - £18,200
Living costs for Belfast
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.