This Interpreting programme at Queen's University Belfast is designed to provide students with:
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of the contexts and practices of professional interpreting, enabling students to develop the skills upon which professional interpreter competence is predicated
- Advanced expertise in their language pairs
- In-depth knowledge of the language-services market place
- Appropriate opportunities in professionally-based practice
Internationally Renowned Experts
An integral part of the programme is Queen's Certificate in Translation Technologies. Research in Modern Languages at Queen's was ranked 3rd in REF 2014 for Research Intensity and 5th for Grade Point Average, with particular strengths in literary studies, linguistics, translation and interpreting, postcolonial studies, visual cultures, digital humanities and medical humanities.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Consecutive Interpreting
- Simultaneous Interpreting
- Principles and Practices of Interpreting
- Commercial Interpreting
- Public Service Interpreting
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesTranslation & Interpreting View 94 other Masters in Translation & Interpreting in United Kingdom
- Normally a 2.1 Honours degree or equivalent qualification acceptable to the University in a relevant subject.
- A 2.2 Honours degree or equivalent qualification acceptable to the University may be acceptable with relevant professional experience. Applicants with qualifications below 2.2 Honours degree standard may be considered if they can demonstrate a minimum of three years relevant professional experience. The University's Recognition of Prior Learning Policy provides guidance on the assessment of experiential learning (RPEL).
International16900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 16900 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA6140 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6140 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
England, Scotland or Wales (GB) £6,900
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.