With this Master of Applied Cybernetics (Advanced) at the Australian National University you will obtain:
- A solid understanding of the machine and human components of a cyber-physical system, including their historical context.
- The intellectual framework for the management of complex, integrated systems within a social and environmental context.
- The opportunity to undertake cybernetics-related research and work experience of professional relevance.
- Select, adapt, apply, and communicate advanced methods and applied cybernetics techniques for analysing cyber-physical systems;
- Apply knowledge and analysis of cyber-physical systems to decision-making in a broad range of contexts, including: policy, business, community organisations, academia and service delivery;
- Examine current issues in cyber-physical systems from design to decommissioning using leading-edge research and design practices;
- Demonstrate advanced cognitive, technical, and communication skills to work independently and collaboratively to collect, process, interpret and communicate the outcomes of challenges and opportunities associated with cyber-physical systems; and
- Communicate complex systems outcomes of cyber-physical research and practice to diverse audiences.
- Framing Questions about Cyber-physical Systems
- Cybernetics Practice for Cyber-Physical Systems
- Building Cyber-Physical Systems
- Applied Cybernetics Experience
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesGeneral Engineering & Technology Computer Sciences View 139 other Masters in Computer Sciences in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS code: 103369K
Stage one is based on evaluation of:
- cover letter addressing the program selection criteria;
- portfolio piece;
- a full curriculum vitae clearly identifying periods of full-time and part-time professional experience;
- either a statement from the current employer confirming relevant experience; or both a statement as at why this cannot be provided and the contact details of two professional referees who can verify the experience.
Stage two is based on an interview with the selection panel.
International47940 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 47940 AUD per year during 18 months.
National37710 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 37710 AUD per year during 18 months.
Living costs for Canberra
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.