This highly valuable International Law and Diplomacy qualification deepens your understanding of the way diplomacy and law operate in, and interact with, the modern world. It equips you with legal and diplomatic skills and knowledge for the 21st century job market. The degree also provides exciting study and career options in the prestigious arenas of diplomatic and international legal practice.
You will be taught by internationally recognised research scholars from the Australian National University College of Law and the Coral Bell School of Asia Pacific Affairs, as well as senior diplomatic and international legal practitioners from Australia and elsewhere. You will graduate from a world-class university, positioning you firmly in the centre of a global network of leading diplomatic and international legal scholars and policy-makers.
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of diplomacy and international law and its contemporary challenges, from the perspective of multiple actors, including states, civil service departments, intergovernmental organisations, non-government organisations and multinational corporations;
- Display effective diplomatic and international legal research and writing skills to address complex diplomatic and legal challenges with an international or transnational dimension;
- Display effective diplomatic and international legal advocacy skills, with the ability to engage with transnational issues to solve or avoid problems with the use of negotiation, persuasion, advocacy and appropriate practices;
- Research and apply theories of diplomacy and international law to reflect upon the global management of the world’s problems through diplomatic dialogue, the role of the use of force, and design multi-stakeholder processes that lead to solutions;
- Use high-level research and writing skills to undertake self-directed study and communicate findings in academic and practical contexts, justifying their approach and methods as appropriate;
- Use their knowledge and skills to analyse new areas of concern in both scholarly and policy-relevant terms.
- Transnational Diplomacy
- Negotiation and Conflict Resolution
- Principles of International Law
- Law and Legal Institutions
- International Organisation
- Regionalism and Southeast Asia
- Issues in Australian Foreign Policy
- Global Governance
- Peace and Conflict Studies
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesInternational Relations International Law Political Science View 36 other Masters in International Law in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS code: 0101475
- Bachelor or international equivalent with GPA 5/7; or
- Bachelor or international equivalent with GPA 4/7 and a minimum of 3 years full-time equivalent work experience at ANZSCO Skill Level 1 in a field related to the program; or
- 48 units of courses in a postgraduate program with a GPA of 4/7; or
- Graduate Certificate or Graduate Diploma with a GPA of 4/7 and a minimum of 3 years full-time equivalent work experience at ANZSCO Skill Level 1 in a field related to the program; or
- Graduate Records Examination (GRE) General test with a minimum score of 155 for Verbal Reasoning, 155 for Quantitative Reasoning and 4.0 in Analytical Writing and a minimum of 3 years full-time equivalent work experience at ANZSCO Skill Level 1 in a field related to the program; or
- A minimum of 10 years full-time equivalent work experience at ANZSCO Skill Level 1 in a field related to the program.
International33520 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33520 AUD per year during 24 months.
National33520 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33520 AUD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Canberra
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.