Pursue a general LLM for a broad perspective of law’s role in domestic and international societies. Or focus your studies on one of five specialisations – Public Law, International Law, Human Security Law, New Technologies Law or Private & Commercial Law.
Open to law and non-law graduates, the LLM Laws at the Australian National University offers you the flexibility to complete your studies in a way that suits you. Courses are delivered in a variety of modes – semester length, online or in a shorter ‘intensive’ format.
Upon completion, you will join a prestigious and highly recognised alumni network of over 19,000 professionals in Australia and around the globe.
- develop and apply specialist knowledge within the areas of law studied.
- evaluate case law, legislation and scholarly writings on the specialist areas of law studied.
- synthesise legal materials into a concise and cohesive argument that addresses a legal question.
- incorporate social, comparative or interdisciplinary approaches into legal analysis.
- undertake legal research and present findings using a variety of materials and sources.
- engage in original and critical reflection on the law.
- contribute to debates on theoretical, policy and practical issues in the areas of law studied.
- Law and Legal Institutions
- Contemporary Issues in Constitutional Law
- Freedom of Information and Privacy
- Human Rights Law in Australia
- Principles of International Law
- International Law and Australian Government
- International Dispute Resolution
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesCriminal Law Legal Studies Master of Laws (LLM) View 22 other Masters in Criminal Law in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS code: 006504E
- A Bachelor of Laws, Bachelor of Laws (Honours), Juris Doctor, Graduate Certificate of Law or Bachelor Degree in any cognate discipline with a minimum GPA of 5.0; or
- Bachelor of Laws, Bachelor of Laws (Honours), Juris Doctor, Graduate Certificate of Law or Bachelor Degree in any cognate discipline with a minimum GPA of 4.0 plus 3 years of relevant professional experience.
International47940 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 47940 AUD per year during 12 months.
National33520 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33520 AUD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Canberra
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.