This Engaging Asia degree offers the comparative and self-reflective perspective necessary for intercultural leadership skills. Approaching the idea of international engagement from multiple angles and cultural viewpoints, this program critically evaluates how histories, geopolitics, diasporas, and popular culture shape relationships between Australia and Asia. In a world where many shared global challenges require nuanced understandings of environmental crisis, technological innovation, and public health, this degree gives you humanistic and social science tools to address these STEM sites of crisis in historically informed and culturally sensitive ways.
You can pursue advanced study in areas of international engagement, social change, political transformation, health crisis, and environmental challenges, while you have the opportunity to apply these regional understandings to such fields as business, diplomacy, tourism, environmental management, and public policy in courses offered across the ANU. In this program, you can develop long-term networks with leading experts in regional affairs.
The Australian National University is home to one of the largest concentrations of scholars focusing on Asia in the world. It offers world-class language training and provides notable opportunities for in-country experiences. In this degree, you build a flexible skill set for professional advancement that allows you to approach key challenges in the region with rigor, empathy, and nuance.
This degree allows professionals in a wide range of fields, such as the public service, business, consulting, public health, journalism, and non-profit management, the capacity to take a leadership role in advancing an organisation's engagement with Asia.
- Engaging Asia: Australia and the Asian Century
- Social Conflict and Environmental Challenges in Asia and the Pacific
- National and Transnational Histories in Asia and the Pacific
- Activism and Social Change in Asia and the Pacific
- Approaching Asia and the Pacific: Concepts, Tools, Methods
- Race, Culture and the Asian Body in the Age of Biotech
- Cultural Creativity and Research in Asia and the Pacific
- Disasters and Epidemics in Asia and the Pacific
- Language and Power in Asia and the Pacific
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Sociology Political Science View 59 other Masters in Area & Cultural Studies in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS Code: 103371E
- Bachelor degree or international equivalent with GPA 5/7; or
- Bachelor or international equivalent with GPA 4/7 and a minimum of 3 years full-time equivalent work experience at ANZSCO Skill Level 1 in a related field; or
- Bachelor with GPA 4/7 and a Graduate Certificate with a GPA of 4/7; or
- Graduate Diploma with a GPA 4/7; or
- 48 units of courses in a postgraduate program with a GPA of 4/7; or
- Graduate Certificate with a GPA of 4/7 and a minimum of 3 years full-time equivalent work experience at ANZSCO Skill Level 1 in a field related to the program; or
- Graduate Records Examination (GRE) General test with a minimum score of 155 for Verbal Reasoning, 155 for Quantitative Reasoning and 4.0 in Analytical Writing and a minimum of 3 years full-time equivalent work experience at ANZSCO Skill Level 1 in a related field; or
- A minimum of 10 years full-time equivalent work experience at ANZSCO Skill Level 1 in a related field.
International47940 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 47940 AUD per year during 18 months.
National33520 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33520 AUD per year during 18 months.
Living costs for Canberra
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.