If you are interested in big questions, like how the universe works or how elementary particles interact with each other to form nuclei and stars, then you will enjoy learning about quantum field theory. With applications such as particle physics and condensed matter, quantum field theory is arguably the most far-reaching attempt to combine special relativity and quantum physics in a unique framework.
Drawing on world leading expertise from the ANU Research School of Physics, this Theoretical Physics program at the Australian National University will provide you with the techniques and skills necessary for a bright future in research or related careers in education, science and industry.
- demonstrate high level knowledge in theoretical physics and its methods;
- apply their knowledge in theoretical physics to new problems;
- interpret, synthesize and critically analyse published literature of relevance to theoretical physics;
- demonstrate theoretical and/or practical skills relevant to techniques and research methodology in theoretical physics;
- critically analyse data within applications of theoretical physics to reach independent conclusions;
- demonstrate a critical understanding of science in society;
- clearly communicate theory and results in both written and oral formats.
- Quantum Field Theory
- General Relativity
- Applied Mathematical Methods in Physics
- Nonlinear Dynamics in Physics
- Advanced Quantum Mechanics
- Advanced Electromagnetism
- Advanced Statistical Mechanics
- Topics in Mathematical Physics
- Scientific Computing
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesPhysics Mathematics Natural Sciences View 38 other Masters in Physics in Australia
CRICOS Code: 0101481
Applicants must present a Bachelor degree or international equivalent
- with a minimum GPA of at least 5.0/7.0
- with at least 8 courses in a cognate discipline, which must also have a minimum GPA of 5.0/7.0.
Cognate Disciplines: Physics, Engineering, Mathematics
International47940 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 47940 AUD per year during 24 months.
National33520 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33520 AUD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Canberra
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.