The Public Administration program at California State University East Bay is designed to assist full and part-time students in preparing for professional careers in positions of administrative leadership in public and quasi-public organizations, for teaching positions in the community colleges, and for advanced doctoral studies in public administration. The MPA Program is offered at the Hayward Hills campus.
The Department focuses on expanding the meaning of public administration in government agencies and non-profit and community organizations. Overall, emphasis is placed upon developing in its graduates sensitivities to a wide variety of human, social, and organizational realities in order to assist public organizations in formulating and achieving their goals and striving toward responsible social change.
The program builds on several assumptions:
- that many complex and far-reaching social problems require the stewardship of public agencies;
- that the citizens are the central focus of everything public administration does or ought to be;
- that public agencies should encourage democratic practices, personal education and growth, and the improvement in the quality of life within the public sector workplace;
- that public agencies should nurture and support a critical awareness on the part of public administrators, leading to an ability to challenge and change administrative practice; and
- that public administrators need to find creative and innovative ways to provide quality public services, especially in times of resource scarcity.
- Public Administration Philosophy, Theory, and Practice
- Research Methods in Public Administration
- Human Organizations, Change, and Social Realities
- Public Policy Process
- Issues in Public Administration
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesManagement Studies Public Administration View 692 other Masters in Public Administration in United States
- If you were educated outside of the U.S., you must have earned a degree equivalent to a 4-year U.S. Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution. An official determination of eligibility will be made during the application process.
- English language proficiency
- Statement of Purpose
- CV / Resume
- Letters of Recommendation
International15557 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15557 USD per year during 12 months.
National15557 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15557 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State8429 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8429 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Hayward
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.