Who is the MA in Geopolitics and the Global Economy for?
Applications are welcome from graduates from any discipline, though undergraduate disciplines with a thematic link to geography, political science, history, economics or sociology may be advantageous. The programme would also be suitable for those with a professional background in related fields who might wish to develop and broaden their skillset.
How will I benefit?
During the Geopolitics and the Global Economy programme from University College Dublin you will develop your knowledge and skillset to a high level and also hone your skills in independent research under the supervision of a staff of academic experts in their fields. It is thus a degree that can either stand on its own or serve as a springboard for those with an ambition to progress towards doctoral study in the future, or non-academic jobs.
What is the programme about?
The programme aims to produce graduates who are able to analyze and interpret the world in which we live, depending on your chosen research focus, including but not limited to:
- War, conflict resolution and peace
- Global economic processes
- Global political events
- The knowledge economy
- Local, national and regional economic development.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Geographic Analysis
- Research Design and Methods
- International Economic Crisis
- Political/Economic Fieldtrip
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Applications are assessed on a rolling basis and courses will close once they are filled.
DisciplinesEconomics International Relations Political Science View 24 other Masters in Political Science in Ireland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
You will need:
- An undergraduate degree in any academic field, with a preference for fields of study related to your chosen stream.
- Good academic grades (your transcript should include grades for each subject taken).
- Names and contact details of two referees who can assess your intellectual ability, maturity and motivation. At least one of these should be a member of academic staff at your current institution.
International19900 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 19900 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA7315 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7315 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
- EU fee per year - € 4760
- nonEU fee per year - € 9950
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.