The programme offers students the opportunity to evaluate and challenge existing practice, develop and undertake clinical research and learn about new and emerging treatment options. Students will develop clinical skills and understanding of evidence-based practice in their field of specialisation through the completion of taught modules led by university staff with teaching also provided by a variety of external clinical experts.
This Physiotherapy Studies - Musculoskeletal programme at University College London (UCL) aims to transform the way you think about the theoretical foundation for musculoskeletal physiotherapy clinical practice and what defines expert patient care. The programme provides you with rigorous, evidence-based training in the best research and clinical practice, relevant to clinical, educational or research posts in physiotherapy.
The programme will enable you to pursue a career in academia or research or to pursue more senior clinical or management positions within your chosen career field. Recent physiotherapy graduates have pursued senior careers in healthcare policy, university lecturing, private practice, management or highly specialist clinical practice. Several past physiotherapy students have used the MSc successfully to gain funding for PhD studies.
- Physiotherapy Research and Dissemination
- Applied Statistics for Health Research
- Upper Quadrant: Advanced Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy Assessment and Management
- Lower Quadrant: Advanced Physiotherapy Musculoskeletal Management
- Health and Wellbeing
- Clinical Exercise and Physical Activity
- Paediatric Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- We recommend you apply as soon as possible. The programme may remain open if places are still available and will be closed as soon as it's full or by 30 June.
DisciplinesPhysiotherapy Health Sciences View 164 other Masters in Physiotherapy in United Kingdom
- Normally a minimum of an upper second-class UK Bachelor's degree or an overseas qualification of an equivalent standard in physiotherapy; or an approved Diploma in physiotherapy together with evidence of appropriate clinical and/or teaching experience and a commitment to continuing professional development.
International29400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29400 GBP per year during 12 months.
National12900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12900 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.