The Clinical Drug Development course at University College London (UCL) provides a foundation for a career in drug development and a comprehensive programme in research methodology, the translation of basic research into therapies and the governance and social implications of health research.
Students develop practical understanding of research methods in biomedical science and knowledge of cutting-edge research alongside practical experience in laboratory, clinical or epidemiological research. They develop the ability to evaluate scientific literature and gain an appreciation of ethical and governance requirements of research, including 'Good Clinical Practice' principles.
The programme provides an ideal foundation for graduates who wish subsequently to undertake a PhD in biomedical science, and provides key transferable skills for those wishing to pursue careers in drug development.
- Statistical Methods in Research
- Drug Discovery
- Clinical Pharmacology and Therapeutics
- Advanced Clinical Pharmacology and Therapeutics
- Research Project (Clinical Drug Development MSc)
- Multiomics and Ethics
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- We recommend you apply as soon as possible. The programme may remain open if places are still available and will be closed as soon as it's full or by 30 June.
DisciplinesChemistry Pharmacology View 233 other Masters in Chemistry in United Kingdom
- A minimum of an upper-second class Bachelor's degree in a biological science, medical or healthcare discipline from a UK university or an overseas qualification of an equivalent standard is required.
International29400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29400 GBP per year during 12 months.
National14700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14700 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.