The Pharmaceutical Research MRes programme at University College London (UCL) is for graduates wishing to pursue a career in research. The programme provides you with a flexible opportunity for high-level research-based training (you will join a research group) and acquiring a range of academic skills that will prepare you for PhD-level study or a career in biotech and pharmaceutical industries or with a government regulatory body.
You will be expected to complement this research with the study of Masters-level taught modules in the subject areas related to the research. You will also attend training courses that develop your research skills. Consequently, you will acquire greater in-depth knowledge in a particular field of research and become a proficient research scientist with a range of technical and academic skills.
As a graduate of this programme, you can expect to become a research scientist equipped for a career in research, or for further research training at a PhD level, in the pharmaceutical industry, or with a government regulatory body.
- Neurobiology of Degeneration and Repair
- Receptors and Synaptic Signalling
- Cognitive Systems Neuroscience
- Molecular Pharmacology
- Receptor Mechanisms
- Targeting CNS Disorders: Translational Neuroscience and Regenerative Medicine
- Anticancer Personalised Medicines
- Pharmacogenomics, Adverse Drug Reactions and Biomarkers
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- We recommend you apply as soon as possible. The programme may remain open if places are still available and will be closed as soon as it's full or by 30 June.
DisciplinesChemistry Pharmacy Biochemistry View 149 other Masters in Pharmacy in United Kingdom
- An upper second-class UK Bachelor's degree or higher in chemistry, biochemistry, pharmacy, the pharmaceutical or physical sciences or related fields, or an overseas qualification of an equivalent standard is required.
International31040 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31040 GBP per year during 12 months.
National17270 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17270 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.