As a student on the MSc Emerging Digital Technologies at University College London (UCL), you will develop a comprehensive knowledge of a wide range of emerging technologies and how to apply them.
You will gain an understanding of their limitations and current boundaries as well as their opportunities and risks. This is supplemented with business strategies and management knowledge on how you can effectively deploy these technologies to innovate within the business environments.
What this course will give you
- The UCL Centre for Blockchain Technologies has created this programme. This multidisciplinary research centre focuses on how blockchain and other emerging technologies are impacting the world’s socio-economic systems.
- The UCL Centre for Blockchain Technologies leverages numerous partnerships with some of the largest technology companies in the world. These relationships exist, for instance, with Fidelity, Ripple, State Street, Natwest, Santander, R3, UN, Oracle, DXC Technology and many other firms. It will also utilise its expertise in blockchain technology to create further blockchain modules in the future and make these available to the entire Computer Science department and others.
- UCL received the highest percentage (96%) for quality of research in Computer Science and Informatics in the UK's most recent Research Excellence Framework (REF2014).
- Over the years, the three most relevant university rankings (QS, THE, ARWU) have consistently classified UCL among the top 5 universities in Europe and the top 20 universities in the world.
- London is a global financial centre and technology hub. Students of the MSc Emerging Digital Technologies programme will benefit from proximity to top technology companies, entrepreneurial projects and practitioners in central London.
- Data Science
- Blockchain Technologies
- Digital Technologies and Business Strategy
- Database Fundamentals
- Entrepreneurship: Theory and Practice
- Networks and Systemic Risk
- Computer Security
- Applied Machine Learning
- Digital Finance
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- We recommend you apply as soon as possible. The programme may remain open if places are still available and will be closed as soon as it's full or by 30 June.
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Technology Business Information Systems Data Science & Big Data View 234 other Masters in Informatics & Information Technology in United Kingdom
- A minimum of an upper-second class UK Bachelor's degree (or equivalent overseas qualification) in computer science, mathematics, statistics, physics, engineering, or a similarly quantitative subject.
International29400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29400 GBP per year during 12 months.
National29400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29400 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.