The Drug Design programme at University College London (UCL) covers all aspects of drug design, including genomics, bioinformatics, structural biology, cheminformatics, molecular modelling and fragment-based drug design, drug target selection, intellectual property and marketing.
New therapies and research areas such as antibodies, siRNA, stem cells and high throughput screening are covered. Students will develop essential skills such as research methods and techniques of drug design.
Graduates from this programme have progressed to PhD/medical studentships at different universities and research institutes around the world, including Oxford, UCL, Grenoble, EMBL, and in the USA and China. Many alumni have secured positions in research teaching and technical sales in the private and public sectors.
The programme will provide a good background for students looking to establish a career in drug design/discovery and related industries (biotech, pharma, national research laboratories and NHS agencies), and for industry professionals seeking to gain a greater understanding of new methodology. The knowledge and transferable skills delivered will also be useful for those intent on further PhD or medical studies.
- The Biology of Drug Discovery Programmes
- Cheminformatics and Modelling for Drug Design
- Biological Molecules as Therapies
- Fragment-Based Drug Design
- Choosing a Drug Target 1: Scientific and Technical Aspects
- Choosing a Drug Target 2: Intellectual Property, Clinical Need and Commercial Aspects
- Bioinformatics and Structural Biology as Applied to Drug Design
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- We recommend you apply as soon as possible. The programme may remain open if places are still available and will be closed as soon as it's full or by 30 June.
DisciplinesChemistry Pharmacy Biochemistry View 210 other Masters in Biochemistry in United Kingdom
- A minimum of an upper second-class Bachelor's degree in a relevant subject from a UK university or an overseas qualification of an equivalent standard.
International29400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29400 GBP per year during 12 months.
National14700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14700 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.