The Mathematics with Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) programme from Loughborough University is practically based, with 24 of the 36 weeks spent in our partner schools.
University weeks are organised with half a day on general professional studies and two full days on mathematics education. Work is set to be done on the remaining days of the week which will feed into the mathematics education sessions.
Why You Should Study This Degree
- Our programme is underpinned by the latest research and best practice.
- We are one of the leading research centres for mathematics education.
- We have been judged by Ofsted on three occasions to be an ‘outstanding’ course.
- You will be taught at a university with an international reputation for research into mathematics education.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Research into Teaching and Learning
- Teaching Mathematics Research Project
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMathematics Applied Mathematics Teaching View 104 other Masters in Applied Mathematics in United Kingdom
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Loughborough University and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- A PGCE in mathematics awarded by a UK higher education provider or a recognised equivalent qualification.
International20800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20800 GBP per year during 24 months.
National10100 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10100 GBP per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Loughborough
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.