The MSc Energy Transitions and Sustainability course at Robert Gordon University supports the development of relevant competencies for managing the transition from carbon-intensive to renewable energy sources, which minimise the impact of anthropogenic activities.
The course also offers the opportunity to extend your study by a year to complete a 48-week work placement.
This course will enable you to develop your career further and venture into a variety of energy sectors including oil and gas, renewables, nuclear, electricity and biofuels, overseeing various aspects of the energy transitions and sustainability agenda.
You will have the opportunity to progress your career in a variety of areas including energy transitions management, policy analysis and evaluation, energy and sustainability assessment, exploration, distribution, environmental management, carbon management, engineering and risk management.
- Financial Information and Decision Making
- Renewable Energy Management
- Oil And Gas Economics
- Economics Of Energy Transitions
- Strategic Analysis For The Energy Sector
- Energy Policy, Sustainability And Transitions
- Energy and Transitions Management
- Operations Management
- Quality, Environmental and Sustainable Management Systems
- Strategic Risk Management
- Technology Innovation and Commercialisation
- 12 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
Deadlines are agreed for individual courses. Make sure you apply in time to be sure of your chance of a place.
DisciplinesEconomics Sustainable Energy View 507 other Masters in Economics in United Kingdom
- Applicants normally hold a 2:2 undergraduate honours degree or its equivalent in any subject discipline.
- Applicants with a lower degree classification and / or relevant work experience will be considered on a case by case basis.
International15450 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15450 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National8240 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8240 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
EU - £8,240/full
UK and EU
- £8,240 Year 1
- £5,500 Year 2
- £15,450 Year 1
- £5,500 Year 2
Online Learning Full time
- All Students - £12,360
Living costs for Aberdeen
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.