The Joint Master Programme in Marine Biotechnology from EU-CONEXUS provides the student with a high-quality academic education, building professional competences in the area of marine biotechnology (also called blue biotechnology) and helping to address its global challenges.
It will ensure that students:
- essential interdisciplinary training in key topics related to Marine Biotechnology;
- opportunities to specialise within one of the four thematical tracks: (1) Innovative Bioproducts for Future; (2) Blue Biomass; (3) Marine Biorefinery; (4) Aquaculture Biotechnology;
- a tailored study programme according to their aspirations via individual professional practice (internship), individual research (academic research integration) and thesis work.
EU-CONEXUS Joint Master Programme in Marine Biotechnology has received from the French Agency HCERES a "Six-year unreserved accreditation decision" following the European Approach for Quality Assurance of Joint Programmes.Parallel, the joint Master's degree programme is accredited in all 6-degree issuing countries.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme Structure1st semester
- Core courses in marine biotechnology (UCV - Spain)
Core courses + Internship (LRUniv - France)
Specialisation courses of the chosen track + Academic Research Integration project (AUA – Greece, KU – Lithuania, LRUniv – France, UCV – Spain, UNIZD – Croatia or UTCB – Romania)
- Master Thesis (AUA – Greece, KU – Lithuania, LRUniv – France, UCV – Spain, UNIZD – Croatia, UTCB – Romania, UR – Germany, WIT - Ireland)
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
1st round: EMJM Scholarships & Self-funded | 01 January until 31 March 2022
2nd round: Self-funded | 31 May 2022
In the 2nd round of application there are 5 places available with 100% and 5 places with 50% discount for tuition fee. Applicants are also able to apply for partial scholarships to cover their living costs during 6-12 months to the candidates showing their best performance.
Eligible for students from all EU-CONEXUS countries and everybody who have not obtained a grant in the 1st round yet.
DisciplinesBiology Biotechnology Marine Engineering
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
University Bachelor’s Degree (min 180ECTS) or equivalent in the area of Biosciences (graduates in Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Pharmacy, Chemistry, Biology, Marine Sciences, Environmental Sciences, Food Technology, etc.) or in the area of Engineering areas (Engineering Agronomic, Agri-Food Engineering, Chemical Engineering, etc.).
- Diploma of Bachelor degree, or equivalent (min 180ECTS).
- Diploma Supplement or Transcript of records, showing full details of all the courses studied and grades/marks obtained.
- Certificate of English language proficiency, at least CEFR B2, IELTS 6.5 (at least 6 in any skill overall speaking, writing, listening and reading) or equivalent), if English is not a native language or language of previous Bachelor or Master studies,
- Statement of purpose, with justification about the preference for the track (specialisation) to be chosen in JMPMB.
- CV with the emphasis on professional/research experience in the related subject and extracurricular activities (Europass CV format is highly recommended).
- 2 Academic recommendation letters
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International9000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9000 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA5000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5000 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU citizens and permanent residents and Northern Macedonia, Serbia, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Turkey citizens: 5.000 EUR/year
Others (non-EU citizens): 9.000 EUR/year
The 2nd round for applying is open until 31/05/2022 - we are offering 5 places with 100% and 5 places with 50% discount for tuition fee with some partial scholarships to cover part of living costs during 6-12 months to the best candidates of the 2nd round. Check our website for more details!
Living costs for Bucharest
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
This programme is taught in different countries. Which country are you interested in?
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.