EU-CONEXUS (European university for Smart Urban Coastal Sustainability) is a transnational European higher education and research alliance established in 2019, that covers the smart urban sustainable coastal development from a global point of view. EU-CONEXUS partner institutions are:
Associated partners are:
This joint Master programme in Marine Biotechnology (JMPMB) is an integrated multidisciplinary programme offered within the framework of one of the first transnational European universities.
The programme provides students with a high-quality academic education, building professional competences in the area of marine biotechnology (also called blue biotechnology) and helping to address its global challenges.
This study programme provides a great opportunity for students on multiple study and travel options within the alliance.
Students are integrated into a multicultural study group and a professional network, offering an immersive system of project-based learning in the ‘real world’ economy.
The final EU-CONEXUS goal is to become a global leader in higher education and research in the area of smart urban coastal sustainability.
EU-CONEXUS gathers 65 research institutes, 4000 research staff, and 98 research groups to provide our students their expertise on Smart Urban Coastal Sustainability.
Moreover, EU-CONEXUS is strengthening the links of research with coastal industries, businesses, and social actors to ensure the transfer of knowledge and the improvement of quality of life in and around coastal areas.
In 2016, the Blue Economy provided 3.48 million jobs in the EU and the average wage increased by 14.2%.
The EU-CONEXUS countries represent more than 50% of the EU`s Blue Jobs.
You will be able to assist companies in
EU-CONEXUS has built this programme in collaboration with stakeholders to match the actual needs of the biotechnological sector. Moreover, companies and research centers are involved in the teaching of the programme.
It will prepare employable students to get the following skills and knowledge:
The Global Student Satisfaction Awards empower students across the globe to determine the best universities of 2021. Universities with a score above 4.0 (out of 5) in any of the 8 award categories, receive Badges of Excellence. Congratulations!Learn more about the Global Student Satisfaction Awards
EU-CONEXUS BUDDY SYSTEM
EU-CONEXUS Student Board, with the collaboration of local students and student organizations at each university, is coordinating the Buddy programme for international students of the JMPMB. The buddy programme is meant to offer a mentoring service during the stay at each of the universities – i.e., provide help and support before arrival and during the first days of studies, as well as social activities and events throughout the semester.
Thanks to the Buddy programme local students will contact the newbies, even before arrival to answer questions about the city, accommodation, transportation, university procedures, etc. After arrival, every freshman will be welcomed and integrated with the local student community. Master Officer will keep the students updated on how to apply to the Buddy programme before arrival at each university.
EU-CONEXUS CAREER CENTRE:
EU-CONEXUS Smart Campus platforms and services throughout the studies will help to prepare yourself to create a CV and to be competitive in the labor market:
- EU-CONEXUS University-Industry platform to facilitate the search for internships and to receive counseling on CV writing, job and internship search and other topics of interest will also be used for project development and Academic Research Integration course.
- EU-CONEXUS Mentoring platform will provide you mentoring in the following areas of interest: academic, research, career, entrepreneurship guidance.
An internship (8 weeks; 6 ECTS) at the end of the 2nd semester is an obligatory part of the Programme’s curricula. Two internship supervisors (one from Consortium of Universities, one from laboratory or company) will be assigned to the student. The internship may be carried out in a laboratory of LRUniv or at any company in any country.
EU-CONEXUS members offer accommodation in their university dormitories, while other will provide you recommendations on private accommodation. Admission to accommodation in dormitories is not automatic – in most cases, you will need to make an application. Each host university will inform you about the option, and relevant procedures, before your arrival.Please check more on the university website.
Each member of the alliance has a library with thousands of books and online resources on its campus, with all facilities to which you will have access.
EU-CONEXUS has developed a Smart Campus: a virtual pedagogical environment to help students and teaching staff of each partner institution to collaborate and share information. Our objectives are to provide each student of all the partner institutions the same work environment, and where necessary, the tools to allow remote collaboration with students of any institution.Several tools are already available such as Moodle platform for classes, mentoring platform, Job teaser career center for jobs and internships, etc.
The universities provide healthcare services on campus or have agreements with local medical centers.
Moreover, all students of JMPMB will have health insurance as a part of EU-CONEXUS services.
EU-CONEXUS has implemented a real campus life for students with cultural events and challenges.
EU-CONEXUS campuses are located all over Europe and provide different support.For more information about this topic, please check the university website.
All students have access to sports facilities at each university during their study semester.
- KU: Klaipeda University has created the conditions for the active leisure time of students. Students can play sports in the Klaipeda University gyms individually and groups (volleyball, football); join Sports Club. They also have a unique opportunity to try water sports (surfing) and beach sports.
- UTCB: Different sports activities take place in UTCB, such as training and matches of the university student sports teams, including the official inter-university championships; extra-didactic individual sports activities of the university students (aerobics and fitness activities organized in the gym by UTCB Rules). Access to the gym is available for all categories of users based on ID cards that are presented at the access gate.
- LRU: At La Rochelle University, the SUAPSE (University Centre for Physical Sport and Cultural Expression) offers many sporting and cultural activities. These activities can be taken as a course unit with ECTS credits or simply as personal training.
- UZ: The sports fields in the sports center with an indoor swimming pool is only a ten-minute walk from the university campus and provide opportunities for many sports activities. Students may choose electives at the university such as aikido, skateboarding, fitness programmes, basketball, volleyball, handball, football, rowing, swimming, sailing, rafting, track and field, table tennis, tennis, hiking, bicycling, therapeutic swimming for students with limited health, and kendo. In addition, students may take electives in sports management in tourism, sports, and health, or sports nutrition.
- AUA: the Agricultural University of Athens by emphasizing the ancient saying ‘Mens Sana In Corpore Sano | A Healthy Mind In A Healthy Body’, has advanced sports facilities. The newly outdoor gym park, also designed for students with disabilities, has many training stations and is all day long accessible to our students and staff. Another part of the gym park allows doing calisthenics exercises. Small groups can be created with the support of our trainers with different levels of intensity and rhythm. Basketball, football, tennis courts are surrounding the outdoor gym park together with the big walk from the waterproof tartan system, which passes through the outdoor facilities of the Campus. Finally, yet importantly, the well-equipped indoor fitness center is always an option, especially during days of bad weather.
- UCV: You will find a wide range of facilities for practicing sports, such as climbing: open space and enclosed space, rugby field, gymnasium, etc. Moreover, the special unit for sport (SAFD) proposes different sports activities throughout the year like mountain tracks, riding a horse, surfing, paddle surf, etc.
The Student Board is acting as the highest student representative body of the Alliance. They provide a Buddy system and several activities to connect students within real campus life. At each host university of the consortium, you will be able to access all available services and facilities (e.g., sports activities, library, co-studying spaces, counseling, psychological support, etc.), and you are invited to participate in the local student life. Each university has student organizations and associations, such as Erasmus Student Network or local Student Boards, which organize events, activities, and initiatives for international and local students. You are free to join all of the offered activities or, even suggest your ideas and/or become an active member of the student official structures.
EU-CONEXUS Joint Master Programme in Marine Biotechnology has received from the French Agency HCERES a "Six-year unreserved accreditation decision" following the European Approach for Quality Assurance of Joint Programmes.Parallel, the joint Master's degree programme is accredited in all 6-degree issuing countries.
Go to your profile page to get personalised recommendations!