During this MA, you'll study new educational techniques from an international perspective, so you'll be prepared for various professional situations.
Why study this master's programme?
- Understand the impact of education within a complex social system
- Understand how education can promote and empower social justice, sustainable development, and lifelong learning
- Develop your creative thinking
- Benefit from the technological opportunities created for teachers and learners
How you're assessed
The Education MA programme doesn't involve exams. All assignments are based on coursework that you can submit online.
Your summative assessments may include the following
- Practical work – examples include projects, presentations, debates, and events.
- Written work – examples include essays, case studies, individual reports, and strategies.
- Patchwork – weekly challenges such as blogs, infographics, and plans that are ‘stitched’ together to create a final narrative.
The knowledge earned during these two years of study can help you upscale your career in fields such as leadership or management.
You'll develop social skills and a forward-thinking mindset that will allow you solve tasks with maximum confidence.
Also, after graduation, you'll benefit from a broad career path:
- teachers, leaders and administrators in schools around the world (national and international schools)
- principals/vice principals (national and international schools)
- academics and administrators in higher education
- education roles in non-government organisations
- education roles in local and national government
- roles in national and international education organisations including learning companies and awarding organisations
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The Education Explorer
- The Digital Educator
- The Transformative Educator
- The Education Research Practitioner
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Special Education Educational Research View 233 other Masters in Education in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A minimum 2.2 Honours degree or international equivalent, ideally in a subject related to education
- If you don’t have a 2.2 Honours degree or international equivalent in a related subject, equivalent professional qualifications/personal experience may be considered
- Such applicants will need to provide evidence of ability by submitting a 500-word essay that explores – with reference to published evidence - the role of education in society
- A personal statement of around 300-500 words.
- One professional or academic reference
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International5000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10000 GBP for the full programme during 24 months.
National5000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10000 GBP for the full programme during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.