Besides a strong training in quantitative economic techniques, you are confronted with relevant economic theories at micro, behavioral, and institutional level to help you understand the nature of these problems and solutions. Topics include environmental degradation and pollution, climate change, sustainable markets, the bio-economy, and urban and rural development in light of pressing issues such as environmental tipping points, unequal access to resources, and rising inequality.
Why this programme?
- The Economics of Sustainability programme at Wageningen University and Research is an MSc programme in economics that combines in depth knowledge on economic theories and state of the art quantitative methods in order to contribute to a sustainable future
- In a world drowning in data but starving for knowledge, you will learn how to analyze and interpret different forms of data to provide evidence on pressing real-world questions
- You will evaluate policies related to food, the environment, and economic development and how they affect different actors (e.g. firms, citizens) in different locations and sectors
- You will learn how to apply your quantitative skills to real world problems and contribute to the finding of practical solutions
- You are trained to collaborate effectively in an intercultural, multidisciplinary environment to use your skills as an economist to have societal impact
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Rethinking Economics
- Advanced Econometrics
- Economic modeling of sustainability
- Philosophy of Management and Economics
- Behavioural Economics
- Economics of Democracy and Dictatorship
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesEconomics Sustainable Development Environmental Economics & Policy View 30 other Masters in Environmental Economics & Policy in Netherlands
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A WUR BSc degree in Economics and Governance, or equivalent.
- The norm for this equivalence is ≥40 ECTS in: Economics (micro-economics must be included). ≥15 ECTS in one or more of the following topics: Statistics, Econometrics
- Transcript of records displaying the content of previous course subjects and project work;
- Curriculum vitae displaying relevant work, internship and/or project experience on an academic level in a relevant field if applicable.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International19600 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19600 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA2314 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2314 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Wageningen
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.