In this programme Global Challenges for Sustainability at Utrecht University you will explore new perspectives on real-world challenges, connect with fellow international pioneers, and together create new possibilities to change the world.
Actively participate in shaping the programme
The Master's in Global Challenges for Sustainability at Utrecht University is an initiative by the European University alliance CHARM-EU (Challenge-driven, Accessible, Research-Based and Mobile European University), formed by five prestigious, research-based universities: the University of Barcelona, Utrecht University, Trinity College Dublin, the University of Montpellier and Eötvös Loránd University in Budapest.
In this Master's programme, we invite you to be part of the co-creation and innovation process by the five CHARM-EU partner universities. That means that you will actively participate in shaping and improving the programme for future editions. Creating the best transdisciplinary learning environment for you and for future students.
- The Food-Health-Environment Nexus
- Food Systems and their Transformations
- Socially Just and Sustainable Food Systems
- Extremes in the Water Cycle and their Complex Consequences
- Adaptation Measures and Strategies in Water Management
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSustainable Development Sustainable Energy Environmental Sciences View 51 other Masters in Sustainable Development in Netherlands
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Valid ID card: For EU students, national ID or passport can be used. For non-EU students, only passport is accepted. PDF format.
- Bachelor’s degree diploma or recognised equivalent. Non-EU students should submit an additional statement from the university recognising that the qualification is sufficient to apply to a master’s level program. If the diploma is not available yet, up-to-date transcript will suffice.
- For Applicants with a French Licence: certificate with additional 30 ECTS.
Academic transcript: Acceptable transcript formats must include the mean grade updated until the last evaluation period (GPA).
International19000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19000 EUR per year during 18 months.
EU/EEA3000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3000 EUR per year during 18 months.
Living costs for Utrecht
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.