The Counselling course at Keele University is a one year, part-time programme of study which incorporates the three strands of counselling training - counselling theory, counselling practice and personal development. Many students who complete this course progress on to Masters in Counselling and Psychotherapy, which is a professional training in counselling.
Keele counselling students go on to work in a wide range of counselling and mental health fields in the UK and internationally as well as progressing on to further study, research or specialist training. To find out more about careers in counselling visit the BACP careers page.
The University has a Careers and Employability team who can provide you with advice and guidance about your future career. The team offer specialist workshops, for example 'Options with Postgraduate Study' and Moving on with your PhD', and can also meet you individually to give guidance and support to help you develop your career. We also hold regular careers fairs on campus and in formal events where you can meet employers. You will also have access to our database of job opportunities and digital resources such as online psychometric testing.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Core Counselling Competencies (30 credits)
- Personal Development and Professional Issues (30 credits)
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesPsychology School Counselling Counselling Psychology View 77 other Masters in Counselling Psychology in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Traditional academic qualifications are not a necessary requirement to enter the Graduate Certificate in Counselling. The programme is open to applicants that show appropriate commitment and motivation to participate in a programme that combines experiential learning and academic study.
- Applicants will need to address these points in their personal statements in the application form and in response to the criteria questionnaire to be completed as part of the application process.
- Applicants will be required to complete an initial online application form including a personal statement. Once the application has been received, if the applicant meets the entry requirements for the programme, they will be sent a set of criteria questions to fill out. Occasionally, the applicant may be asked to attend an interview with two members of the core counselling team who teach on the counselling programmes at Keele University.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
National3400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3400 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Keele
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
The following scholarships may be targeted at specific countries, subjects and talent areas. In some cases you may be required to make an independent application, for others the scholarship will be awarded automatically.
- KEELE INTERNATIONAL EXCELLENCE SCHOLARSHIP (PGT)
Up to £5,000 based on undergraduate degree award.
- DEVELOPING COUNTRIES SCHOLARSHIP
£1,000 for students who are nationals of the least developed, low and lower middle-income countries.
KEELE ALUMNI DISCOUNT
GREAT SCHOLARSHIPS 2022
MARSHALL SCHOLARSHIPS FOR NORTH AMERICAN STUDENTS
US FEDERAL STUDENT LOANSARTICLE 26 ASYLUM SEEKER BURSARY
- FULL TIME MBA SCHOLARSHIP
- MSC AI AND DATA SCIENCE SCHOLARARSHIP
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.