Why study MA Law by Research at York?
The Law (by research) programme from University of York also offers opportunities for you to progress onto a PhD programme at York Law School. It is ideal for both recent graduates and experienced practitioners. The programme is available in all of the fields of expertise of York Law School’s faculty.
YLS has a vibrant research community led by enthusiastic and experienced staff. We are involved in many significant projects, the quality of which reflects the University's established research status as a member of the Russell Group. A key characteristic of the research at YLS is its strong multi-disciplinary focus. The School is very well networked with other disciplines and we have highly co-operative relationships with departments across the University. As a closely linked, energetic community we actively support one another's work and aim to offer an environment of real collaboration.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The MA Law (by Research) programme is a one year full time, or two year part time, postgraduate research programme. At its core is a 20-30,000 word dissertation on a topic of your choosing.
- This will enable you to develop cutting edge expertise in your chosen topic. You will be guided through your research by an experienced faculty member and researcher at York Law School. You will also undertake research skills training.
- The part time version of the degree is highly flexible and ideal for legal professionals. The programme also offers opportunities for students to progress onto a PhD programme at York Law School.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
In most cases, applications can be submitted year-round. However, we recommend that you apply as early as possible as some areas are particularly competitive.
DisciplinesCivil & Private Law Business Law Legal Studies View 169 other Masters in Business Law in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Applicants will normally be expected to have obtained an undergraduate degree in Law, management, or one of the social sciences, with honours (2:1 or higher, or equivalent).
- Applicants with equivalent legal professional, management or commercial experience will also be considered on a case by case basis.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International18900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18900 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National4650 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4650 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
- UK Part-time: £2,325
- International/EU Part-time: £9,450
Living costs for York
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.