Learning outcomes in this Food Innovation and Product Design programme at Paris-Saclay University include:
Have developed personal, social, leadership and intellectual skills in a multidisciplinarity context of food innovation and product design.
Have a deep knowledge and be able to apply the values of scholarship, inquiry, reflexion, integrity, openmindness, evidence-based thinking and collegiality.
Understand and be able to apply the principles and processes that underpin sustainable and innovative food development, including engineering, culinary, managerial and scientific aspects.
Be able to develop new knowledge or procedure and to integrate knowledge from different fields.
Get insight and awareness of the socio-economic environment and reflect on relationships between individuals, society and economy, providing a holistic overview of food innovation from local to global scale and of industrial practices throughout the whole food supply chains, from raw materials to consumers.
Make an informed choice of area of specialisation in the second FIPDes year.
Opportunities following the FIPDes programme are diverse and varied:
- Jobs in SMEs
- Jobs in the R&D of major food groups
- Jobs in Higher Education
- Development of its own start-up
- Continuation of studies in another Master
- PhD programmes
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Transversal Innovation Project: Intercultural Intelligence, Project Management and Creativity
- Sustainable Development for Food Products
- Statistics Applied to Food Science and Technology
- Formulation Engineering Applied to Food Products
- Food Process Engineering
- Comprehensive Food Science and Analysis
- Structuring Food: Science and Technology
- Analytical Engineering for the Agri-Food Industries and the Environment
- Advanced Molecular Gastronomy
- New Food Business Creation
- Food Law and the Regulatory Environment
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesChemistry Sustainable Development Food Sciences View 36 other Masters in Chemistry in France
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Background: BSc degree or equivalent degree of at least 180 ECTS or equivalent in food science and technology, biotechnology, process engineering, biochemistry, nutrition or food related fields with a number of prerequisites (e.g. chemistry, biotechnology, process technology/engineering, biochemistry, mathematics, statistics) representing at least three years of study from a foreign institute of higher education.
- Motivation letter.
- All transcripts of the years / semesters validated since the high school diploma at the date of application.
- Curriculum Vitae.
- VAP file (obligatory for all persons requesting a valuation of the assets to enter the diploma).
- Other diplomas.
International9000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9000 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA4500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4500 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Paris
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.