The purpose of this M2 Smart Aerospace and Autonomous Systems master at Paris-Saclay University is to render the students and engineers familiar with the methods of modeling/ analysis/ control that have been proven efficient through research. Similar to the conventional robotic manipulators, the autonomous systems are multidisciplinary machines and can be studied from different points of view. Autonomous systems can also be studied from the artificial intelligence point of view.
Covering all these aspects of autonomous systems in one master is almost impossible and each of these aspects has their own audience. For these reasons, the scope of the present master is the mechanics and control of autonomous systems. The master covers the kinematic and dynamic modeling, analysis of autonomous systems as well as the methods suitable for their control.
The key feature of the present master is its content which has never been gathered within one master and has never been presented in a form useful to students and engineers. The present master contains the theoretical tools necessary for analyzing the dynamics and control of autonomous systems in one place. The topics that are practical and are of interest to autonomous robot designers have been picked from advanced robotics research literature. These topics are sorted appropriately and will form the contents of the master.
- Drone Development for fire and rescue (forest fires, emergency rescue)
- Energy sector (oil and gas industry distribution infrastructure, electricity grids/distribution network monitoring)
- Agriculture – forestry - fisheries (environmental monitoring, crop dusting, fisheries protection)
- Earth observation – remote sensing (climate monitoring, aerial photography, seismic events, pollution monitoring)
- Autonomous vehicles
- Embedded systems
- Communication – broadcasting
- Sensors fusion
- Integrated navigation systems
- Advanced artificial perception
- Flight modelling and simulation
- Aerial robots
- Mission coordination
- Flight communications
- Embedded software
- Mission decision making
- AI and Aerospace systems
- Flight planning
- Flight control
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- from 01/02 to 09/07
- from 15/08 to 30/08
DisciplinesAerospace Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 26 other Masters in Aerospace Engineering in France
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Qualification in aeronautics, Electrical engineering, Computer science engineering, Systems engineering or mechanical engineering
- Curriculum Vitae.
- Motivation letter.
- Rank of previous year and size of the promotion.
- All transcripts of the years / semesters validated since the high school diploma at the date of application.
- Certificate of English level (compulsory for non-English speakers).
- Curriculum EU (description of the units of education followed) of the last two years.
- Choice sheet of M2 (obligatory for the candidates registered in M1 at the University Paris-Saclay).
- VAP file (obligatory for all persons requesting a valuation of the assets to enter the diploma).
- Copy diplomas.
Living costs for Paris
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.