This M2 Genetics, Genomics, Epigenetics and Evolution course at Paris-Saclay University is suitable for students interested in the concepts and technologies of genetics, genomics, epigenetics and epigenomics integrating structural, functional and evolutionary aspects.
By following this curriculum, students will be able to:
- master the basic concepts and methods used in genetics, genomics, epigenetics and evolution, as well as the methods associated with these disciplines;
- define and carry out all the steps involved in an experimental (epi) genetic and (epi) genomic approach;
- use the basic concepts of high-throughput data analysis;
- identify, choose and apply existing tools in bioinformatics and biostatistics to analyze high- throughput data;
- summon and integrate knowledge and results in order to present them in writing and orally, to develop a scientifically critical mind allowing to perceive the limits of an analysis
- master the methods of working in the laboratory: team work, scientific rigor, autonomy, communication, laboratory safety rules.
- Main career opportunities/Employability: PhD, higher technician, data analyst
- In basic or applied research in the academic sector (Paris-Saclay, ENS, Institut Pasteur, Institut Curie, Institut Jacques Monod, Genopole) or R & D in the private sector, in France or abroad, in many fields (gene therapy, biotechnology, oncology, ecology, data analysis).
- Genome Stability and Evolution
- Functional Genomics
- Genomes, Phenotypes and Populations
- Big Data Workshop
- ncRNA and Epigenetics
- Lab internship
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- From 01/02 to 19/04
- From 09/05 to 14/07
DisciplinesBiology Data Science & Big Data Genetics View 62 other Masters in Data Science & Big Data in France
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Curriculum EU (description of the units of education followed) of the last two years.
- Motivation letter.
- All transcripts of the years / semesters validated since the high school diploma at the date of application.
- Curriculum Vitae.
- Certificate of French (compulsory for non-French speakers).
- VAP file (obligatory for all persons requesting a valuation of the assets to enter the diploma).
- Choice sheet of M2 (obligatory for the candidates registered in M1 at the University Paris-Saclay)
International243 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 243 EUR per year during 12 months.
National243 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 243 EUR per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Paris
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.