The M2 Gene Cell Development curriculum at Paris-Saclay University includes cell biology, genetics, epigenetics, stem cell biology, cancer biology and developmental biology. In addition practical training in Bioimaging and several practical courses are proposed.
Moreover, the students will prepare a bibliographical research and produce a written proposal for their internship. At the end of the internship, the students will present a written report and an oral defense.
Altogether, this training is a coherent suite of courses, seminars, practical training and training in presentation skills suitable for any prospective Ph. D. student as well as students aiming at an engineer career in research.
The students mainly will follow a career in academic or industrial research, either as engineers or Ph.D. students. The main job prospects after this second year of masters will be in fundamental and applied research in France or abroad. This can be achieved mostly by pursuing a Ph.D. thesis, but a few engineer level positions are open after a master thesis. Positions will be found in major academic research institutes, affiliated to Universities, CNRS, INSERM, INRA, or CEA.
Aside from academia, other job openings will be found in private companies, as this master degree provides background to become project manager in research and development, clinical research investigator or research engineer.
This training is also recommended for clinicians and medical students willing to acquire a fundamental knowledge in cell and developmental biology, or in stem cell and cancer biology, and pursue clinical research.
Some students have complemented this Research Master formation by complementary training in Marketing or Management (MBA). Others have also continued a High School Teacher career.
- Non-Coding RNAs and Epigenetics
- Neural Stem Cells and Nervous System Development
- Genetic and Cellular Approaches to Development
- Cell Dynamics and Communication
- Bioimaging: Biological Digital Image Processing and Analysis
- Mouse Genetics (Pasteur International Course)
- Molecular Biology of the Cell (Pasteur International Course)
- Development and Cancer, Seminars (Institut Curie International Course)
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- from 15/01 to 28/02
- from 01/04 to 30/06
DisciplinesBiology Molecular Sciences Genetics View 17 other Masters in Molecular Sciences in France
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- The Gene Cell Development Master course is an intensive curriculum, comprising advanced courses, seminars and training by research. It is adapted to students with a Master first year degree, with a very strong background in cell biology, genetics, epigenetics.
- Curriculum EU (description of the units of education followed) of the last two years.
- Curriculum Vitae.
- Motivation letter.
- All transcripts of the years / semesters validated since the high school diploma at the date of application.
- VAP file (obligatory for all persons requesting a valuation of the assets to enter the diploma).
- Certificate of English level (compulsory for non-English speakers).
- Choice sheet of M2 (obligatory for the candidates registered in M1 at the University Paris-Saclay)
International243 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 243 EUR per year during 12 months.
National243 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 243 EUR per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Paris
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.