Terrestrial ecosystems are a core component of the climate system and a key provider of services to human societies via their production of biomass for food and fuels or their regulation of environmental resources. As the demand for these services is rapidly growing, these ecosystems have been manipulated and managed to an unprecedented extent, via changes in land occupation and use worldwide, in particular for agricultural and forestry purposes.
Facing up to the current ecological challenges thus requires a careful understanding of ecosystem processes and services to design and implement management strategies that enhance ecosystem services in a changing global environment. The economic sectors targeted include agriculture and forestry but also the agri-food sector, energy and the bio-economy in general, while the programme will also be relevant to policy-making in the area of environmental regulation and natural resources management, from local to global scales.
Graduates from this M2 Climate, Land Use and Ecosystem Services programme at Paris-Saclay University will be possess in-depth knowledge of biosphere-climate interactions, acquire methods to assess ecosystem services, and be fully aware of the panel of technological options available in terms of land-use planning management to promote the sustainable development in rural and semi-urban areas.
- The course is aimed at students who want to go into research, higher education teaching, expertise and R&D professions in the field of the environment, both at local level and at national and global level.
- Targeted employers include public bodies (local and regional authorities, public agencies working in the field of the environment and water, research organisations: INRA, CNRS, IRD, IRSTEA, CIRAD, IRSTEA; Universities and Engineering Schools), and private companies (in the field of the environment - services, consultancy-, industry, consultancy and agricultural and forestry development), amongst others.
- This course also prepares students to enter employment in international organisations (NGOs, FAO, World Bank, etc.)
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Understanding and managing soil organic matter for ecosystem services delivery
- Land-use planning and agriculture in peri-urban areas
- Climatic system - Introduction to atmospheric dynamics and energetics
- Biosphere-atmosphere interactions at local scale
- Biogeochemical cycles and surface-atmosphere exchanges and interactions: global scale
- Public policy for climate and environmental regulation
- Agronomy for global issues
- Land-use engineering for the provision of climate and environmental services
- Ecology under climate change
- Integrated assessment of ecosystem services and sustainability
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- from 01/02 to 01/04
- from 15/04 to 15/06
DisciplinesClimate Studies & Meteorology Ecology Environmental Sciences View 3 other Masters in Climate Studies & Meteorology in France
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Rank of previous year and size of the promotion.
List of other masters requested (excluding Saclay).
All transcripts of the years / semesters validated since the high school diploma at the date of application.
Certificate of English level.(TOIEC/TOEFL or IELTS scores are not mandatory (you can upload any relevant document instead).
Certificate of French (compulsory for non-French speakers). (In principle we ask for a B1 certificate for French, but it is not mandatory either. We trust that you will pick up enough French during the programme to get by in Paris.)
VAP file (obligatory for all persons requesting a valuation of the assets to enter the diploma).
Letter of recommendation from a trainee.
Curriculum EU (description of the units of education followed) of the last two years.
Choice sheet of M2 (obligatory for the candidates registered in M1 at the University Paris-Saclay).
Referring contact information (compulsory for non-international applicants).
International243 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 243 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA243 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 243 EUR per year during 12 months.
Tuition fees for Master degree programs: 243€
Living costs for Paris
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.